Chapter Three - Overdose

Chapter 3.

I looked over to the bedside table. The clock displayed 8:30 pm.

"Oh shit, Trent!" I yelled

Fuck, umm, shit. What am I going to tell my mother, I was going to beat her home but oh god. She's going to ask where I was. Wait, Jake would have told her. She hasn't rung me, so he must not have told her. Wait where's my phone?

In a panic I jumped up looking for my phone nearly falling over, I found it, in the pocket of my jeans on the floor. Uhh ohh, 11 missed calls 9 new messages. Shit shit shit. Where's Trent. Damn it. I can't go home I'll be shot!

"Trent!! Where are you? "This time yelling louder.

Still no answer. I tried to get dressed as quickly as I could so I didn't walk out mostly naked.

Ahh, "ouch" I muttered as I fell over trying to put my pants on. My head felt a little dazed

I got up and through my shirt on and walked out into the lounge room.

No sign of Trent. Hmm where could he be? I checked outside the window, his car was still parked in the drive way. As I walked back into the bedroom his clothes were still on the floor. He couldn't have gotten very far without them.

I decided to check the bathroom. As I knocked on the door I didn't get an answer. I tried to turn the door knob but it was locked. I decided to grab his car keys and find the key to the door, it took a couple of goes but I got it undone.

I staggered into the bathroom feeling slightly more light headed then before.

I gasped. I couldn't see properly when I realised the tears welled up in my eyes.

"Trent! Wake up, please baby, please!" I shrieked.

It was no use he couldn't hear me, what was I going to do, I knew this was a bad situation but how, what, Ahh!

Then it hit me. Call and ambulance or surely he'll die. I can't have that, Can I? I grabbed my phone and hit the end button twice which automatically called the emergency number. I told them where I was and what I thought had happened, and they said they would be here soon, But that was it, I broke down next to his body and cried, I couldn't take it anymore, he'd just told me he'd loved me. Then gone and done this. Wait, I never told him I loved him. Did I love him? I don't know. Suddenly I didn't feel so good.

My mind was racing faster and faster, the tears streaming down my face. It all got that bad that I slowly behind sobs blacked out.

====================

I woke up to bright lights shinning in my face; I didn't know where I was or how I got there. I couldn't remember what happened, I just kept saying "baby ". But I didn't have a baby! Wait, Trent!

I tried to get up and realised I was strapped to a bed. What why the hell was I strapped to a bed.

And why am I in here. I couldn't see anyone; my room was empty but the bed, myself and the equipment next to me. I still didn't understand where I was. I just wanted to find Trent, wait. What if he died? My heart started to race and the machines started beeping at me, I didn't do anything. All these nurses started racing in. I had no idea what was going on.

"She's going into cardiac arrest" one nurse said.

Wait, what? I'm awake aren't I? I'm here. I tried to talk but nothing came out, my lips didn't move, I couldn't talk. My eyes started to close and slowly I drifted back into darkness.