Chloe's Gone Crazy

Oh my god guys I'm so sorry!!!! I didn't realize how much time had passed since I last updated. Please forgive me, summer has screwed up my internal calendar and since I graduated high school back in May, it probably won't be getting better any time soon because I'm working on moving with my Dad sometime before 2016 is over, and currently I have literally NOTHING keeping my mind on track. Like, for the past five days I've been thinking it was a Friday. It's bad. So I'm sorry if the quality of the content went down in this chapter, truth be told I've got a little bit of writer's block happening for the next few chapters.

Also, thanks for the input on what Adrien and Marinette fear, that'll be used in a later chapter. Also thank you so much for the positive feedback, it means a lot to me!

But that's enough from me. Enjoy this (extremely late) chapter!
----------------------

The next few weeks went off without a hitch, I became closer friends with Adrien, Nino, Marinette and Alya, and very few akuma attacks came around, compared to the one-Akuma-per-day thing that had been going on for a few weeks before I had moved here. My medication was working, I had friends, and I was actually doing okay for the first time since the accident.

Adrien apologized once for what had happened with his father, but after I told him to stop apologizing and that it wasn't anyone's fault, that I wasn't hearing any of it, he never brought it up again.

Today, I felt, was going rather well, considering it was raining cats and dogs outside and poor Nathanael was out sick. He had been under the weather recently, but it still hurt to know that my desk buddy was feeling so sick he couldn't come to school. Needless to say, in all the classes we had together, I wrote notes for him, too.

The day was done and I was waiting with the others for everyone's rides. Nino and Alya were waiting for their parents, Adrien was waiting for Nathalie and his bodyguard, and Marinette and I were there to keep them company. Marinette was just around the corner and across the street, so she was walking home like I was.

"So Jasper, how has your mom's painting been going?" Alya asked, smiling. I grinned and began writing quickly, making sure my handwriting was still legible for the four.

"Really good, actually! She's started making a series with animal versions of the superheroes so I think once she gets a few of those done she'll be putting them in some galleries around town that people can buy."

"That's great! Do you have refreshments and stuff at exhibits? Because my family can make some, if you want." Marinette suggested, smiling after she read what I had written.

"I'll check with my mom to see if that's okay, but if you don't mind, that'd be amazing!"

"Maybe I can get my dad to go. If he likes your mom's work he might ask her to paint something for the house. At least, I hope he does." Adrien bit his lip and furrowed his eyebrows in thought, and I shrugged.

"If he does, he does. If not, well, that's his loss." I responded, showing him the writing. His expression became the model smile again, although this one was actually happy and full of emotion, making look even more beautiful then before. "Yeah, that's true."

We continued talking, unaware that a certain... annoyance was going to try something.

I could see Chloe and Sabrina coming over from my peripheral vision as we spoke, but I paid them no mind. The other four tried not to, but they all ended up being rather wary in their conversation and tense, like they were ready to come to my defense if needed.