Chapter Twenty Five

Chief's body guards had put up a fight with the Police when they tried to gain access into the building and in less than ten minutes, what appeared to be a verbal confrontation between the Police and the men, turned into a gun fight. Remi was frightened. He didn't have time for this, he needed to get to Sisi and Aby. But the fight lasted thirty minutes and by the time it was over, three police men and seven body guards laid dead. A few of the guards tried to escape and were caught. The Police finally had access to the building. They searched everywhere before finding Chief, a gun pointed to his head.

Remi stared at the man who ruined his Sisi and the over whelming urge to choke life out of him came upon him but before he could react, his eyes caught a glimpse of two still forms on the floor. He recognized Sisi's shirt immediately. He made to go to her but was held back by a Police man.

“I killed her” Chief said, solemnly. “I killed my Sisi” He pressed the gun to his head.

“Chief Ade, put the gun down” One of the officers commanded.

“I can't go to jail. I can't take the shame” He shook his head. Then, closed his eyes and pulled the trigger.

Remi watched Chief fall to the ground, blood gushing from his head.

“We need an ambulance” He heard a Police man say.

He ran to Sisi and pulled her still form up. She was bleeding profusely. He pulled her left hand and checked for a pulse. He felt one, although weak, but it was there. She was still alive.

He sat on the floor, Sisi in his arms. His gaze moved to the other figure. A woman. Abigail. No. He shifted close to her and touched her face.

“Aby” He whispered. She was still, deathly still. “Aby!” He yelled. “You can't die! You are not allowed to die! You owe it to yourself, you owe it to me to live” He protested, tears falling down his cheeks.

He held the two women in his arms, confused at what to do next.

The Ambulance finally arrived. Chief was pronounced dead on the spot and so was Abigail. Somehow, hearing some one else say it out loud brought more grief to Remi. Sisi was in between life and death. She needed blood urgently and an emergency surgery.

...........

Remi pushed his front door open and stepped into his living room, a sleeping Jesse in his arms. He was weak and dehydrated; he had cried out all the liquid he had in his system.

He took Jesse to her bedroom and laid her down. Then he walked back to his own room and fell to his knees.

“God! Don't let her die like this. Please, don't give her over to death. She has lost too much, don't let her lose her soul”

He stayed on his knees till the day broke, interceding for Sisi.

Author's note:

Hey! Thanks again for reading. Means a lot to me that you read and you vote. Looking forward to hearing from you guys