The News Behind The Knock

Jimin stopped laughing abruptly, making you stop as well. You were confused and as you opened your mouth to question him, you heard it.
A loud knock that echoed throughout Jimin's apartment.
Jiminie got up and quickly shouted a "Coming!" as he tied on his robe on top of his pajamas. You watched Jiminie practically run to answer the door, but stayed in the room, not wanting to butt in. You could, however, hear parts of their conversation. It sounded like there was a man here.

At 4:30am?? What could he possibly have to say this early? You thought to yourself.

You heard the man's voice clearly, since he and his booming voice mixed with the open door were not exactly a soundproof barrier to their conversation.

Man: Are you related to Y/N L/N?

Jimin: Well, sort of. I've known her since we were infants. Why? Is something wrong?

Man: I'm sorry to say that there is.

You heard Jimin offering him a seat and as they got away from the entrance and into the kitchen, you could no longer hear their conversation. The anxiety gnawing at your insides was getting to be too much. You impatiently sat on the edge of Jimin's bed, straining your ears for any clear sound you could make out.
Then you heard it. The sound of a glass breaking and Jimin saying "no."
You ran to the kitchen where Jimin looked as if he were about to explode into tears and one of his fancy visitor glasses broken on the the ground. The man turned and looked at you with sad eyes but an otherwise expressionless face.  Jimin hadn't noticed you standing in the kitchen doorway, looking concerned, until the man acknowledged you.

Man: I take it you're Y/N?

You nodded as Jimin turned to look at you. He burst into tears and threw his arms around your neck. You returned the embrace but turned to look at the man.

You: Sir? What's wrong? Why did you say my name earlier...

The man walked over to you and placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder to indicate that he should get off of you. Jimin moved away but melted into a crying mess against a wall. You were really worried now. Jimin usually never cries. He's always so strong. The man's voice snapped you back into reality.

Man: Y/N, your parents, they're no longer with us...

Your entire world froze. No, not your parents, they were all you had, besides Jiminie. You weren't paying much attention to what the man was saying now. His words faded into a blur as he tried to explain to you that they had been drugged by someone at the club and unknowingly drove home high. Your dad had driven on the wrong side of the road and went straight into oncoming traffic.

My parents... Dead?
No
No.
No, this is ridiculous. They aren't dead. I'm sleeping. It's just a bad nightmare. Ok when I open my eyes I will be back on the bed in Jimin's baby blue guest room and getting ready to wake him up for his big day. Ok,
1
2
3
Wake up.
You opened your eyes to Jimin and the man staring intently at you, waiting for your reaction.
It sunk in. Your parents were dead. The funeral, according to the man, was to be held on Saturday. Jimin's schedule had been arranged so he would be leaving on Sunday instead of today, Tuesday.
Jimin approached you wearily with his puffy red eyes.

"Y/N....?" He reached out to grab your hand. You took a step back.

You screamed.

You ran out of the apartment that had brought you so much happiness and now, so much pain. You ran until you reached the park and climbed your favorite tree. Your parents would often picnic under this tree with you... Well, they used to. They can't anymore.
You sat down on one of the limbs and started sobbing uncontrollably. You heard your phone ringing. It was probably Jimin. You didn't care. Nothing mattered anymore. You turned off your phone and thirty minutes of the continuous stream of tears later, Jimin showed up with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, your favorite.

Jimin: You know, if you had answered your phone, I could've found you much faster.

You remained silent.
Jimin climbed onto your tree limb and pulled you into his warm and loving embrace and he handed you the sandwich. You took it, but put it aside as you hugged him back tightly.

You: Please don't ever leave me.

Jimin: Wouldn't dream of it, you slug.

You both sat in that tree at 5:30am, away from the public, and cried together.

Almost forgot...
HOPE YOU'RE HAVING AN AWESOME DAY AND IF NOT *hugs* hit me up, man.