Chapter Six// Nice Surprise

[Really long chapter as I haven't updated in a while as I have been away... Enjoy!]

"How about the cinema?" Lacy suggests.

"No. I went the other day to watch that Star Wars movie. What else?"

"We could go to the new pizza place down the street, get a bite to eat? The dough balls are to die for."

"I ate out with Nathan recently to this lovely sea food restaurant and honestly, I still feel stuffed."

I feel bad for rejecting all of her ideas. There is a long pause down the line. I shift my phone from my right to my left cheek.

"Then what? There isn't much to do in this town if it's not movies or pizza."

"How about shopping? I mean I didn't bring any swim stuff with me so I could do with buying a new bikini?" This may be our only last hope.

"Perfect!" Her chirpy voice sings down the line and I sort of jump on the spot at her instant click of perkiness.

"That's sorted then. How about you pick me up at three?"

It has been a couple of days now since I had accidentally blown of Lacy as I hadn't received her text until on my date with Nathan, so I hope she has forgotten about that now and moved on.

"Done. I'm now glad I saved that twenty dollar note my nan gave me. I need a new bikini too. Maybe one day we could drive down to the beach and try to get a tan? It's been awfully cold since you left."

"I'm sorry, I guess I just take the sun with me wherever I go." I joke, and just like expected, Lacy bursts out into giggles. It doesn't even have to be funny and I know Lacy will laugh either way.

"Well I can't wait. See you at three."

I hang up the phone and place it on my night stand. I fall onto my bed and roll onto my stomach. With the time currently ten thirty, I have a free morning to do nothing.

Which, since studying for most of my free time in collage, seems like the perfect idea where I can get a few more hours sleep.

My covers are scented with Nathan's cologne and my pillow still holds the memories of our long nights together. Since arriving he has stayed at my house for most of the nights, expect the first which he went back to his own house where he is currently at now.

I twist inside the duvet, letting my legs dangle out of the side. It's nice to have the whole of the bed back to myself. Not that I am complaining with having Nathan sleep soundlessly beside me, my body safe in the secure wrap of his warm hugs.

I can't remember the time when I had fallen asleep, but with the call of my mother's voice, I assume I have slept for longer than intended.

"Yes mom?" She has been away for the past few days, that being the time me and Nathan could enjoy the quality time he had been referring to. But I did miss her, considering I have been parted from her for all those months.

I jog into the kitchen just as she calls my name for the second time. "Oh hey honey, I thought you didn't hear me."

"I'm here. What's up?"

The kitchen tiles are glossy with the dirty dishes near the sink invisible. They must have been put away into the cupboards. Neatly stacked in a pile, our mail is slotted away with no mess on the kitchen island, where normally we have random notepads sprawled over it with toast crumbs still present from breakfast.

But it is clean. I don't think I have ever seen the kitchen this clean before.

"We expecting guests?" I go over to one of the breakfast stools and sit down. I laugh with my words not expecting them to be true. But with the smile beaming across my mom's face, a cleaning rag in one hand, I must have hit the nail on the head. "Who is coming round?"