15

Through the night, Elijah drifted in and out of sleep, he never truly rested. The rooms just gave him shivers down his spine, and tonight was the first night he truly felt sceptical and suspicious of Cassandra.

But for the last few hours before daybreak, he shut his eyes and he was completely gone. That was until he heard a crash and he jolted up. He looked around the cell he slept in, and it was exactly the same. Nothing had changed.

He stood up and walked out of the cell "Cassandra" he called, but the only reply was the sound of his voice echoing down the corridor. She wasn't there.

He looked left and then right before running to the door, tugging at the door handle to open it. Everything seemed the same, but he couldn't sense anything.

Elijah ran up the stairs, two at a time to look out to the trees, and yet again, as he expected. Nothing.

Maybe she went home, maybe she didn't want to disturb him. Elijah thought of so many innocent excuses as to why she left before daybreak. He didn't want to think about the other reasons, the more dastardly reasons, maybe someone took her, maybe this group of witches took her. Something must've happened.

He turned and walked the way he thought her house was located, it was only then he realised why she decided to stay in the cells all night, they were seriously far from anything. And Elijah couldn't recall how much time he spent scouring the bayou, he should have really known it like the back of his hand.

But surely she'd be home, there wouldn't be anywhere else she'd go, would there? Elijah stopped at her front door, finding the courage to knock. His fist hovered centimetres away from the door, before finally knocking loudly.

"Cassandra" he called out to her, waiting for the door to open and a lecture about not being allowed into her house.

But she didn't seem to be answering, Elijah moved to the side and tried to look through the window, however the drapes covered his line of vision, blocking every part of the room.

He fell silent as he placed his ear closer to the window, maybe a heart beat? Could he hear her breathing? No, she wasn't there.

An overwhelming sense of fear came over him. What coincidence is it that she admits to him about an elite of witches that live in secret, disguised as normals. She disclosed the reason for the jails, she disclosed everything, and then she disappears.

It could just be an over-reaction. But Elijah had learnt that his instincts are usually correct, nothing ever is normal, there was no such thing as coincidences.

He couldn't do this alone. Elijah had a plan to confront Eloise, the witch who he believed had started this whole thing. He'd demand to see w list of every single member, and if he didn't get Cassandra back, they will die one by one.

First he had to plea his case to his siblings. Niklaus was warming up to the idea of her, she was in fact helping out, so he would not be too hard to convince. Rebekah on the other hand saw something in Cassie that nobody else did, she didn't like her one bit but when Elijah would beg, put down the excuse that he is in love with her, Rebekah wouldn't have the heart to say no.

he turned quickly, thinking of what he'd say to his family in order to win them over. Scripting every single word and making it all perfect, so they would have to say yes.

"Niklaus" he shouted as soon as he got through the door "Rebekah"

"Brother, where have you been?!" Rebekah ran down the steps, followed by Klaus, the girl was in a blind panic "you did not come home last night and Cassandra is not in her bed"

"We have a problem" Elijah said, out of breath looking from Klaus to Rebekah "I found Cassie last night, she had been attacked ..." He began to explain

"Why was she even out in the first place? Doesn't she know she is disposable?" Rebekah asked, referring to the mortality of the witch

"She heard someone scream and she escaped through the window" he informed them "she took me to this secret prison of the witches and explained about a secret group, some sort of cult..."

"I didn't hear a scream" klaus shook his head, confused "I would have"

"I don't care, but I awoke this morning and she has gone. She is not in her home nor anywhere I can think of. The only explanation is..."

"Is?" Rebekah urged

"What remains of the cult has taken her, and even I know they intend to kill her"