Chapter 5: The Boy Who Cried Dragon

Well its been a while. But now that things are sorted out...I'll finish uploading this volume, look forward to it! Once again I ask you all and I hope for your feedback. The chapters are long--but its a good read.

After the endless darkness for an unknown period of time he awoke to the sounds of bustling people outside.

Groggily, Logan moved his head slowly side to side blinking hazily.

Squinting at the blurry white background he began recalling the events that had unfolded before.

His recall snapped him out of his groggy reverie back into the realm of the fully conscious.

"?!Dh-aarrgh?!"

Maybe due to the impact of the memories of being so close to death or a streak of stupidity ran by he quickly jolted upwards off the bed, hurting himself in the process.

"Agh, pain...pain? I'm alive...I'm alive!" He said as he clenched his fist."

Along with the feeling of pain everywhere Logan looked over his body.

Well firstly he had been changed out of his damaged bloodied adventurer gear and into some long pants made of some light fabric with a pale blue color.

Patches, cuts and bruises were littered everywhere on his body-the splotches of pain everywhere was ample evidence of that.

Both of his arms had been bound up with bandages, on his right arm from slightly above the wrist to his bicep had been bandaged whereas his left was more heavily bandaged and slung on his shoulder. There was even some board in to set the lower arm in place.

Logan remembered what happened with that arm... it was the one he had first used to grab onto the column. He had hit the column and started falling with his back to the ground so he had reached out with his left to stop the fall. But before he began rotating downwards he first slid his palm and lower arm on the rough, spiky surface of the column, causing them to become like shredded meat from a cheese grater.

He winced as the wound burned recalling that painful memory.

Speaking of painful memories. Where was the huge gash caused by the dragon?

It was gone.

Well, not entirely a thin line of red showed itself signifying its own had barely missed being cleaved in two.

Probably from sitting for so long his body felt tense.

Using his less injured hand he massaged his neck while stretching it a few times in a circle. Then he moved onto loosening the rest of his body.

After being satisfied and finishing with a huff he looked around the room.

Neat marble tiling paved the floor and the room was painted white. A few equally spaced windows facing Logan from his position on the opposite wall giving him a view into the city.

A number of beds were in line. Some were empty and some had injured adventurers still laying in them.

Seems it was the hospital sector of the gateway building.

Just then from his left a nurse came in from the door.

The nurse turned towards him and looked with an expression of surprise.

"Mm? "He cocked his head in puzzlement.

....

.......