Chapter 4

//Both//

"Mmmm." Dean says, his mouth full of bacon cheeseburger.

"Okay. Yeah. Thank you Bobby. Yeah, bye." Sam finishes his conversation on the phone with Bobby.

"What did he say?" Dean asks after swallowing.

"It's definitely Greek. And that ship. The Argo I think." He says.

Dean takes another bite. Through a mouthful of food, "do you want to talk to some people?"

"Sure. Don't talk with your mouthful."

"Shut up Sammy."

Sam doesn't reply, and instead watches his brother for a moment.

Dean finishes his sand which and takes a sip of pop. "Let's suit up then."

***

"Have you seen anything strange around here?" Sam asks, a small notebook in his hand with the pen hovering above the page.

"Well what's strange?" An older lady replies, as she swipes over the glassware in her shop with a rag.

"Just weird behavior around."

"Where did you boys say you were from again?"

Dean sighs. "A little magazine on small towns."

"Well I'm not sure if this is strange, but there has been a group of teenagers running around here lately."

"Thank you ma'm." Sam says, as Dean is already walking out the door.

"That doesn't really sound like our kind of thing." Dean says, leaning against the Impala.

"But we can at least check it out." Sam replies.

"I could go for some pie."

Sam rolls his eyes. "Fine."

Dean and Sam make their way back over to the diner and walk in the door. The small, little bell above them dings, announcing their entrance.

As Dean and Sam take a seat at the counter, an older lady with an apron tied around her front comes up to greet them. "What can I get for you boys?"

"Slice of your best pie." Dean says right away, and she chuckles.

"Anything for you handsome?" She asks, looking at Sam.

"A cup of coffee and some info."

"Sure thing hon, what kinda info you need?"

"We've heard a little about a group of teens hanging around here lately. Can you tell us where we might find them?"

She hands a plate with a pie slice to Dean. "Pecan."

Without replying, Dean fills a fork and stuffs it in his mouth. She looks again to Sam. "Yes actually, they ran out of here about," she glances at her watch,"thirty minutes ago."

Sam rises in his seat just slightly. "Which way did they go?"

She points to the door. "They ran out and then around the diner and past the back. Down a dirt road that stretches for 20 miles where it stops at a creek bottom."

"Down the road to the left of the diner?" Sam asks pointing out the windows to his left.

She nods and takes Dean's empty plate as another customer asks for a refill. "Let's roll." Dean announces and places a couple bills on the counter and stands up.