Chapter 8

//Both//

    "It's not at the top is it?" Leo asks, whining.

   Cas shakes his head, "I don't think so, I think it's on or near one of the summits."

     "What's the plan once we get there?" Percy asks, sitting next to Cas at the table.

    Castiel lays a map of Everest on the table. "We'll set up at base camp, and then start to head up."

     "Leo how far away are we?" Sam asks.

    "Festus, what's the word?" Leo yells to the ship.

    A series of whirs and clicks, machine language, follows and Leo cocks his head to listen. "20 miles out."

     "In about 5 minutes, we'll be stopping just outside a village to get some things." Leo says.

      "I did inventory on the ship awhile back, and we don't have everything we need for everest." Hazel adds.

       "What else are we needing?" Piper asks.

      "A big, big tent for base camp, and some necessities for in there, such as dots and blankets and whatnot. Also big coats and best for all of us." Hazel replies, listing on her fingers.

    The ship suddenly drifts a moment more, and then stops. "We're here." Leo says and stands up from his chair and stretching. With his arms over his head, he adresses the room. "Whiz going down?"

     "I'll go." Hazel says.

     "I'll go too." Percy adds.

     "Wait a second, did anyone think of how we were gonna pay for what we get?" Annabeth asks, her brow furrowed.

      "Of course I did," Leo says, though his face tells a different tale," do you take me for a fool woman?"

      Annabeth dismisses Leo, and Dean steps forward. "Sam and I well- we have money, on some cards... Anyway we will pay." He says.

    "I knew that." Leo says, grumbling.

   "Then Hazel, Percy and Dean will head down while the rest of us get the ship ready." Jaskn announces sternly.

    Leo takes Hazel, Percy and Dean up to the deck and throws the rope ladder over the railing. "Be back in about an hour, and we'll make it to camp before sundown." He says and they start over the side headed to the ground.

                                                                       ***

  "Do you think this hat makes my head look big?" Percy asks Hazel, with a striped beanie pulled over his head and a lopsided grin on his face.

    "She throws a pair of gloves at him and scoffs. "No I think it's great, try those on."

    Percy stuffs his hands into the gloves and wiggles his fingers at Dean, who spots a pair of aviator sunglasses and snatches them up. Slipping them onto his nose, he turns around and smiles devilishly.

    "That's a good look for you Dean." Percy says sarcastically, tugging on the beanie strings.

    "Thanks Perc."

    "Alright you two." Hazel says, placing 2 piles of clothing into the boys' arms. "That's all for that, and now we just need a tent."

     Dean and Percy set the piles on the counter and the native lady smiles graciously. They follow Hazel to the giant tents, and help her pick one that fits a maximum of 20 people. Together the three of them lug it to the counter and pay. Dean and run his card through an atm somewhere and gotten Nepal money. The lady helps him count it out and he smiles at her thankfully.