Phone Calls and Broken Windows

There are moments in life when we stop breathing. I don't mean literally, more figuratively. Moments, where our hearts stop beating, fear crawling up your back making that stupid little shiver, run up your back making you scared for your life. Well, I was in that position.

My body wasn't affected by his tone. My heart knew somehow that Damien wouldn't hurt us, and I thought I knew that Shadow would stop hugging me and apologize to Damien like all the other times that we had gone through this. But he did the exact opposite, actually, which scared me beyond life.

He kept his arms around my body.

"Why should I?" Shadow asked angrily with a challenging voice. He leaned down and pecked my forehead. An animalistic growl was heard throughout the room. Within a bat of an eye, Damien had Shadow pinned to the wall. Repeatedly punching him. Making sure every punch was with extra force.

I jumped out of bed to try and stop him. Rushing towards them, I put my hand on Damien's back and all his muscles stiffened. He dropped Shadow's body limb on the floor. And started to breath air in slowly.

He turned around and grabbed me holding me close to his chest. Breathing my scent in.

"Mine. You are mine, mine to hold. Mine to kiss. Mine! You belong to me!" He growled out possessively and turned back to Shadow.

"I'm going to break every single freaking bone in your body. Some best friend you are. You think you can touch my mate? I'll show you what I will do to you. When I'm done with you you will begging to die. I can't freaking believe you would do something like this to me. You asshole!" Damien screamed and lunged for Shadow.

I jumped and pushed Damien away with all the strength I had.

"STOP IT!" I scream.

"Stop this nonsense this minute. Shadow didn't do anything wrong. He is my friend. He only kissed my forehead as a friendly gesture. I'm not his and I'm not yours. I'm my own person. No one is stealing me away from you. The only person that is harming and destroying this bond between us, God I can't even call it a relationship, is you," I say pouring my heart out. Tears well up in my eyes and I let them go. Damien stands there frozen. Pain flashes in his eyes. He dementure stiff. His body starts to shake and his eyes flash from his usual chocolate brown eyes to pitch black. He lets out and animalistic growl and shifts into his wolf. His wolf looked like the night. Pitch black just like his deadly eyes. He looks at me, as if he is memorizing every single part of my face and jumps out of the window. Breaking the glass. I rush to the window and see that he made a two story heigh jump. Picking a piece of the glass I see blood. Making me shiver in fear.

I hear a deep groan and rushed towards Shadow.

He is beaten blue and black. I look at his face and it scares the crap out of me.

"Why did you do that, are you signing your death wish or something?" I ask him while helping him standup. He chuckles at my question.

"I just wanted to see if he cared. If he's worth all your pain." Shadow said with a sad smile.

* * *
Seconds turned to minutes turned to hours. I laid awake. I was scared no petrified. There wasn't any sign of Damien what if something happened?What if he was injured? There was a lot of on the broken window.

I stood up and looked at the dark forest. Just like I did a few minutes earlier. I wasn't at ease. I didn't like the thought of him being alone with his guard down at night.

I throw on a hoodie from a closet filled with men clothing. The scent on the hoodie catches my attention. It smells just like him. I close my eyes breathing the heavenly scent.