Moving Forward

I ran his words over in my mind. He wants to be with me. My heart started to flutter, a huge smile crossed my face, I couldn't hide the smile. I don't know what came over me, I reached for Damien, who was looking in my eyes anxiously, I pulled him in for a bear hug, Closing my eyes, trying to savor the moment, I breathed in his masculine scent, that made my toes tingle. 

"Thank you," I whispered. He pulled away from me as if, I said something horrible.

"No, no Doll, don't thank me. Don't ever thank me. It should be me, thanking you for not leaving after the way I treated you. I can't believe that you didn't leave me after the way I was towards you, please don't ever thank me for anything," he told me looking directly in my eyes. I give him a small nod with tears in my eyes. It was one of the longest sentences he ever said to me.   I don't understand what came over this man, what made him realize that he shouldn't treat me this way. He pulled me towards his chest and left small kisses on my head. 

"Damien, can I ask you a question?" I ask him while resting my head on his shoulder. I feel him move his shoulder so he can look at my face.

"Shoot," he says giving me a small smile, my heart starts to flutter, and I feel so weirded out thinking that he can hear my heartbeat.

"What made you change your mind?" I asked lifting my head off his shoulder. I saw pain wash over his face. His eyes darkened. There I go messing up everything, God I'm such an idiot, who asks that type of question when we just started to accept each other as mates.

"You don't have to answer that, God I'm so stupid-" I was beginning my rant when I felt his hand brush the hair off my face.

"I couldn't let you go, not away from me without fighting for you. Let's just leave it at that, is that okay?" He asks while looking me in the eye, his hand is still in my hair.

"That's more than okay," I whisper with a small smile lighting up my face. My eyes shift towards where Shadow sat, he was no longer there. Hm, that's interesting, maybe he felt that Damien and I needed a moment.

Damien pulls me back into his chest making a small smile to grace my face.

* * *

I felt accepted. Nobody looked at me as if I didn't belong, no one looked at me as if I was the sore thumb sticking out. I felt happy. I had people that genuinely cared. 

My walls started to slowly break to try and find the real me. I was shocked at first. Packs around the world were terrified of Damien and his army, calling them reckless beasts that only think about land and power. However, that wasn't the case.

The people in this pack were welcoming me into their pack with open arms, accepting me as if I was a long-lost member of their pack. I knew it was genuine because I had become accustomed to fake smiles.

Damien and I started clean, leaving all our hardships behind us and moving forward, he treated me as an equal, which made me very happy. However, we had one problem. Shadow.

Shadow and I were closer than ever, I trusted my best friend with my life. We did everything with each other, after his Beta duties obviously. Movie marathons, "fangirling" over Harry Potter, and having goofy conversations. Shadow was there for me when I needed him the most, and I appreciated him. However, Damien had a problem with that. When Shadow was around Damien would put me behind him and hide me from Shadow making him crack up.

Currently, Shadow and I made a bet about what kind of wood Hermione's wand was made out of.

"Shadow, just admit it, its vine wood,"  I tell Shadow getting annoyed. He just doesn't like to admit that he sucks.