Chapter 11

"I have no idea what you're talking," I rolled my eyes.

"You mean you don't think you'll ever going to um, you know have kids?" He asked.

"I don't know, probably not. Givin' the state I'm in."

"Well, you could still fall in love," he shrugged.

"I guess, but I would never want to put my own kids through this," I sighed.

"I guess that's fair. Hey, but you can still get married, and maybe adopt!" He smiled. I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"And why are we even talking about this?" I asked.

"Well... I'm, uh, just curious!" His face turned red, and he looked away.

"Um, okay. Just a question. What is it that happens when your face turns red randomly?"

"Oh that's b-blush." He looked forward.

"What does that mean?"

"I told you, but I guess I can tell you again. Normally, you do it when you, uh... like someone?" He looked down.

"Do you like someone?" I asked.

"N-No one in p-particular." He looked at me with... blush on his face. I glared and he looked away.

"You stuttered. Are you lying?"

"NO!" He yelled looking defensive.

"Geez, calm yourself. It was just a question!"

He's lying.

I can tell. He never stutters around me.

And why was he asking me about kids?

And marriage?

Totally not weird at all.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Uh, actually nothing too much... my parents did want me to ask you over for dinner... though," he gave me a sideways look.

"Um, sure. It's just kinda sudden though." I nodded.

"Okay, well... my family is kinda... formal so... you may want to dress... nice? NOT THAT YOU DON'T DRESS NICE ALREADY!!!" He quickly added.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes. " I know what you meant the minute you said it, stop being so goofy," I ruffled his messy black hair.

"Oh... okay." He nodded as we walked up to my porch. "So I'll see you at seven?"

"Wouldn't miss it," I nodded.

"Great!" He gave me a hug, knowing now that it makes me feel comfortable, so at least I'm feeling something. He then ran off home, and I was standing on the front porch. Feeling something good.

I nodded confidently and headed inside.

It was five now so I had about two hours. I guess I could just get ready now and show up early. "Mom?" I yelled.

She walked out of the kitchen with a smile on her face. "Something wrong, honey?"

"Nothing particularly. I just needed some help."

"Really?" She smiled. "Like from me?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Okay, what for?"

"I'm going to dinner at my friends house, apparently his family is really formal, or something, so, I need to dress appropriately for that. Can you... help me?" I asked.

"Yes!" She squeal, getting all excited, probably because I normally don't need help with anything. "Now first go take a shower, after put on some sweat pants and a tee shirt and we'll figure out what you'll wear!!!"

"Okay!" I ran upstairs, and took a quick shower sliding on some clothes real quick then met my mom in my room.

She had a few dresses already picked out, and laid on my bed. "Which one do you like the best?"

"Um... this one," I said picking up a knee length (F/C) dress with a low back and a high top.

"Are you sure?" She teased. "You're going to a boys house you said?"

"Mom!" I yelled.

"Kidding, kidding!" She held her hands up. We put the others away and went into my bathroom to dry my hair. We brushed through it, then my mom curled it, and brushed through it again to make it wavy, and pulled some of it back to keep it from my face, aside from a few loose strand I left to soften the look.

I went and changed into the dress, and spun around for my mom. She smiled, obviously pleased. "Almost done!" She smiled.

"Almost?" I asked.

"Make up!" She smiled. My jaw fell.

"You're gonna let me wear make up?"

"Yup, but just a little, don't wanna make you look... awfully... distasteful. You know?" She smiled.

I nodded. She put on a light (Grey/Blue) eyeshadow with small wings and light pink lip stick. It looked pretty good in my opinion... well that is what she does for a living.

I hugged my mom. "Thanks for helping me."

"No problem, hun," she whispered. "Now. Do you need a ride?"

"Yes," I nodded. She gave me a small purse to borrow so I could keep my phone, wallet, and inhaler in there in case of emergencies. I quickly slipped on my flats and ran into the front seat.

After driving for what felt like hours we got to Aaron's place, and I jumped out, thanking my mom, then running up to the porch.

I knocked, bouncing a little on my feet. I heard running footsteps and the door swung open. "(Y/N)!!!" Aaron yelled, looking slightly winded.

"Aaron!" I nodded. He pulled me into a hug, making me melt ever so slightly. He released me.

"You look great, as always," he smiled. "Come in," he said stepping aside. I walked in cautiously. I suddenly felt a little winded myself, and pulled out my inhaler using it a few times. I put it back, feeling slightly better.

I felt a hand on my back.

I should not have worn the low back!

"Are you okay?"

"Uh... yeah," I nodded again.

"Aaron, is that your friend?" His dad, I think, asked walking into the entry hall.

"Uh, yeah." Aaron nodded. The man walked over to me.

"Well, you are a lot more prettier than Aaron makes you to be," he smiled. I gave a small smile which was very hard to do without having a panic attack. "Glad you could join us! My name in Mr. Lycan." He held out his hand.

I took it firmly, "(Y/N)."

"Well it's nice to meet you. Follow me to the dining room, dinner's about to start." He said, walking into a room which I assumed was the dining room.

"Are you ready?" Aaron asked, looking nervous. I nodded.

"Sure. Let's pretend I am."