Chapter 12

I sat down silently at their dining room table. Aaron was to my left, looking down at his hands in his lap. Aaron's sister was across from me.

I'm pretty sure that she mentioned her name, but I just could remember. His parents sat on either side of his sister. "So, (Y/N)? Right?" His mother asked.

I nodded.

"What is it that made you friends with our... son?" She smiled.

"He was just so nice to me. Walking me home, walking me to classes, helping me in Werewolf 101," I faked a smile.

"Really?" His sister glanced in Aaron's direction, with a distasteful look.

"Yes. He's rather quite nice," I nodded.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that, and we've heard nothing, but nice things about you," his dad smiled.

"Well, I wish I could say the same thing," I glanced at Aaron. He looked up and nodded, giving a weak smile before looking back down. I cleared my throat, and looked down as well.

"What is it you like to do in your free time?" Mrs. Lycan asked.

"I like to, um, read, draw and uh, enjoy the woods behind my home."

"Well, you sound very... lovely," his sister rolled her eyes. I stood up.

"E-Excuse me f-for a m-moment." I walked out of the room, and found the bathroom. I locked the door, and pulled out my inhaler, and pumped it a few times, and stood over the sink, taking deep breaths. I felt really warm, and I felt like I was going to be sick.

There was a knock on the door. "Hey, (Y/N). Are you okay?"

"J-Just give me a second, Aaron." I whispered.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm fine!" I yelled. I spit in the sink and pushed some loose hair out of my face and opened the door. Aaron pulled me into a hug.

"I can walk you home if you'd like." He whispered.

"I... please?" I pulled away.

"Yeah. Just let me go tell my parents you aren't feeling good." He said walking off. I nodded, and stayed put, leaning on the wall, taking deep breaths.

A minute later he came back, and wrapped his arm around me. "C'mon. Let's go," he whispered. We walked to the front door and he grabbed his jacket, and wrapped it around my shoulders and we walked out into the cold winter night. I felt something fall onto my cheek.

I looked at Aaron. "It's snowing," I looked at the ground and watched as it clung to the grass in his front yard.

"C'mon. Let's keep going," he urged. We walked forward, and headed towards my house, by then it was a blizzard.

"WE SHOULD JUST TURN BACK!!!" I yelled over the howling wind. Aaron pulled me closer to him.

"WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!" He eyed back. I nodded, and we continued walking, pushing against the wind. I saw my house just down the street, and I felt a little extra energy run through me.

Aaron, pulled me up the steps of the porch, and I leaned against him as he pounded the door. The door swung open, and my mom stood in the doorway. "(Y/N)!?" She yelled, pulling us both inside.

We sat on the couch, I was shaking, and my mom handed us some blankets which Aaron wrapped all around me. "A-Aren't you c-cold?" I asked.

"No, not really," he shrugged.

"W-Well th-thanks," I nodded, curling up on the couch. My mom came, and handed Aaron and I both a hot chocolate. I set it down and stood up. "I'm going to go change," I said then went upstairs.

I changed into the warmest pajamas I had, and wrapped a few blankets around me then washed the makeup off my face. I walked downstairs and sat back down next to Aaron and he pulled me into a hug.

I leaned against him, feeling tired and cold.

Aaron's P.O.V.

I felt her steady breathing as she leaned against me. I looked up at her mom and she smiled at me. "Thank you, Aaron... for bringing her home."

"No problem," I smiled back. I felt her move as she adjusted her position. I picked her up. "I'll take her to her room."

"Okay. Oh, and if it's alright with your parents you can stay here. I wouldn't want you to freeze out there." She smiled kindly.

"Thank you," I nodded and brought her upstairs to her room, laying her on her bed, pulling the covers up to her chin, and she relaxed a little, but she had a tight grip on my arm. I tried to pull away gently, but she stirred and mumbled something.

I leaned in closer. "What?"

"Mmmm, don't," she whispered. The door opened and her mom walked in holding a large shirt.

"Sorry," she whispered, "I brought you a shirt to wear." She set it on the bedside table. I don't mind you staying in here, just, if she freaks out or anything I need you to leave her alone to collect her thoughts."

"Thank you," I nodded. She closed the door, and I stood up and changed into the shirt, leaving my pants on, obviously. I crawled back over to the bed. "(Y/N)?" I whispered.

She turned and he sleeping face to me, mostly like she could hear me. "Mm?"

"How are you feeling?" I grabbed her hand, and rubbed my fingers across the cold surface.

"Cold," she mumbled. I laughed quietly. She pulled me a little closer to her. The top half of my body was laying on the bed. She moved so her head was on my shoulder.

I moved so the rest of my body was laying on top of the covers. She curled up against me, and I didn't know what to do with my arms as she nuzzled her head against my chest.

After a moment I wrapped my arms around her, using my body heat to warm her up. She mumbled a little, probably feeling better. "I love you," I whispered, "wether you know how you feel about me or not, I hope someone heals you."