Chapter 18(Final?)

I angrily threw the rest of my luggage into the moving truck. I cursed angrily with every step as I paced back and forth. Most of my friends were coming to say goodbye.

I sighed angrily muttering things to myself. "Hey, (Y/N)!" I heard a spirited voice. I turned around to see Travis, Katelyn, Garroth, Laurance, Aphmah and Zane.

"Hey guys," I frowned.

"Hey,where's your boyfriend?" Laurance teased.

"He's not coming I don't think..." I frowned.

"Oh, sorry," He scratched his neck nervously.

"Gah! Normally, I don't give hugs, but for this I'll allow it!" Katelyn sighed, pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back and soon enough we were all hugging. We separated.

"You guys should go. I'm leaving soon." I mumbled.

"But we just got here!" Aphmau exclaimed.

"I know... I just need to be alone for now, though," I sighed.

"Okay. Keep in touch with us," Garroth waved and they all walk off.

"Hey, Sweetie," my mom hugged me from behind. "You almost ready?"

"Yeah, I've just got to go grab my backpack from upstairs!" I ran upstairs into my room. I grabbed my backpack and stopped.

I took a moment to soak up the last feel I'll ever get of this place, slowly walking through the halls, taking a bit to memorize it, to remember the old memories.

"Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard
You know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive."

I stopped singing and shook my head, fighting back tears. Then I checked my bag to see if I had everything.

Notebooks, phone, ear buds, books, laptop... what's this?

I pulled a piece of crumpled up notebook paper. I slowly in crinkled it. I started at it angrily, warm tears running down my cheeks.

It was a sketch of Aaron.

I let him manipulate me, and make me think he loved me when really I just wanted to hate him just like he hates me.

I tore the paper to pieces and left it on the floor before running outside, slamming the door shut with all my strength. I stormed down the porch to the car. I opened the back of the car, and threw my stuff in. "We still have a little more time before we leave if you want to go see Aaron," mom suggested.

I have her a dirty look, "I'm never talking to him again," I growled.

"...Okay, I understand he upset you last night, but you shouldn't hold a grudge on him. Believe me he loves you-"

"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!?" I cried. I jumped into the car, slamming the door shut, and letting the tears flow freely.

Why did he have to do this to me? I'm a mess. I don't even know what to do. He played with my emotions as soon as I earned them. What the hell kind of friend is that. Right after my dad died too? I can't take this anymore!!! I'm glad I'm moving then I never have to see that dumbass again!

Bing!

I slowly pulled my phone out of my bag, like it was a ticking time bomb. I started at the screen.

Aaron- Can we talk???

I opened my phone and went to his contacts and blocked his number. I felt better knowing up wasn't going to have to deal with him anymore. I heard a tap on the window.

I turned to face my mom. "Honey, we're leaving in five minutes, are you sure you don't want to see him?"

"I never want to see him again!" I hissed. She nodded, and walked away. I laid down across the sheets in the back, laying my head on my bag. I plugged in my ear buds and played some music.

Unfortunately, the song I Hate You came on my Pandora so I tried to skip it, but I was out of skips from earlier when I was listening to loud angry music.

Don't ask.

I sighed and lipped the words, going along with the words. I felt like my heart was shattering, and I couldn't do a thing about it. I sighed again, but angrily, then the song finally ended and the song The Only Exception played. I angrily tried to skip it, but it still wouldn't work.

Did Pandora hate me right now? I pulled out the ear buds. Was this a way of saying you should talk to Aaron? Was the universe trying to tell me something?

"(Y/N), we're leaving!"

Guess I'll never actually know.

We started down on our long drive five states far. We passed Aaron's house where I muttered a few words.

"Trying to hold me down but I'm surfacing
It's hard to let you go but I gotta leave," I sang quietly.

A minute later I heard my name along with some other words.

"(Y/N)!!! You, you don't mean no harm
But you're stringin' me along and I don't have the time to spare
And I, I'm trying hard to breathe
But you're suffocating me, I'm coming up for air," I turned around to see Aaron running towards the car, flailing his arms around like a crazy person.

"Mom... Mom stop the car!" I yelled as I started it roll down my window, and as the car slowed down I stuck my front half out the window so I would be level with Aaron. He ran up to me, panting.

"You, you don't mean no harm
But you're stringin' me along and I don't have the time to spare."

"And I, I'm trying hard to breathe (I'm trying hard to breathe)
But you're suffocating me, this time I'm coming up for air," I finished. I glared at him. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to say goodbye."

"Don't say goodbye. It means we'll never see each other again." I frowned.

"Then see you later," he grinned.

"(Y/N), we need to keep going!" My mom yelled starting to drive. Aaron quickly pulled me into a kiss as the car pulled us apart. I leaned out the window watching him fade away with the town and I heard a faint yell.

"I love you."

I smiled to myself. Maybe my new life won't be so bad, and you never know, we may see each other again in the future, because fate works in mysterious ways.

"Air, air, air, air, air, air
Air-air-air-air-air-air-air-air
Air, air, air, air, air, air
Air-air-air-air-air-air-air-air."