Chapter 23

Have you ever woken up and forgotten what was happening? That's what's going on with me... Here I am in the heart of the Netherlands and I completely forgot why I wasn't in New Heaven anymore.

Things have been happening so fast I forgot that it was real life...

"Lets go." Froam says to me. I look into his demanding eyes and follow. Right now we just arrived on the Thorn Pack's land. Apparently I don't get anytime to settle in. He wants us to go straight to his pack's council.

We walk up to this extravagant building. It looks old and antique, which oddly pleases the eye. The greenery that surrounds the building is well taken care of. The bushes are neatly trimmed and flowers are all watered nicely. It looks beautiful.

Once we get inside the building itself, I am not disappointed. It's as beautifully crafted as the outside. The ceiling has a beautiful mural painted on it, with clouds and Angels. It's all quite magnificent. There are old pillars that reach up to the tall ceiling, they are well designed and beautifully crafted. The pillars have small indents that ride up it's surface and stretch to the ceiling as well.

When he brings me through the double doors I am greeted by a group of five elderly men. They are sitting at a long wooden desk that stretches along the back wall of the room. Well I wouldn't call them all elderly, at least two of them are under the age of sixty.

Froam bows his head. I just stare at them for a moment. It's weird to see Froam bow down to someone. He acts like such an Alpha yet he so easily respects these men and treats them as his leaders.

A cough sounds from next to me. I look down and see Froam glaring at me. Oh right... I slowly bow my head down in respect.

"Please rise." One of the elders says. I lift my head and meet the eyes of five expecting men. "What brings you here on such a fine day Froam? I thought you were staying in America." He says.

"That was only temporary sir." Froam says.

The elder laughs. "It's nice to have you back, for what purpose did you bring this young woman to us?" he asks.

"You see your honor, I was getting to that. I would like to introduce you all to Evelyn Brewer." They look at me and I blush slightly. Oh my, this is weird. "She has agreed to help unite the packs."

"And how do you expect her to help us do that." One of the older ones says. Froam hold his hand out in my direction and points to me.

"She is a descendent from the Mist Pack with the ability to read the future." I hear a few light gasps and one of the elders turns to me shocked. Then he looks at Froam.

"Froam this isn't you trying to play another one of your dirty schemes on us, is it?" A younger elder asks. Froam frowns.

"It is not a scheme. Nor was it ever a bad idea! A child born a descendent of both the Mist and Thorn pack will unite us." He states, confident in himself.

"So you didn't force her here?" One of then asks.

Froam shakes his head. "No, she came on her own will." Bull crap. I came here because you were holding Ariana hostage and abusing Gavin. This was the only way to stop you. Jerk.

Another elder looks at Froam and says, "A descendent from the Mist pack chose to come here and make amends on her own?" Froam nods.

"Yes, she is willing to become partners with one of our own and proceed to unite the packs into one." He adds. Become partners with one of then? Huh?

The elders turn to each other and begin to whisper things back and forth.

One of the men who appears to be doing most of the talking looks down at me. "Young lady. This is quite the surprise but I cannot thank you enough for coming to help our packs unite. For that, I would like to honor you at the highest level. Although there is no guarantee that this will unite the packs, the fact that you chose to come help us mean a lot." I give him a curious look. Wait, did he just say he wants to 'honor me at the highest level'? "As for another thing, you will need a mate from our pack if this is going to work. After discussing with my men we have come up with the best four candidates who you will have to chose from. Please come back in a few hours to meet them." He says to me.