THREE

Huffing in tiredness, I slumpily walked to the detention room. It had just about occurred to me, at the end of the day, that I had a two hour detention. One hour being from Mason.

Once I got to the detention room door, I scanned the room from the window. I was going to be here all alone for two hours.

I would have the teacher with me, but I heard that the teacher, that was in charge of detention, had the tendency to fall asleep alot so I would be practically alone, wallowing in my own self-pity.

Pushing my shaking hand down onto the silver handle, the wooden door, that was currently covered in black graffiti, flew open very slowly. I took my first step into the room for rebels and immediately groaned.

I forgot he was going to be here too. To be completely honest, I would rather spend two hours of my life on my own, than even spend a minute with Mason Daniels. He was as irritating as an itchy mosquito bite. Yes unfortunately, he was that annoying.

"Welcome to my crib!" Mason smirked, crossing his arms, which made my eyes wander down to the muscle that bulged out from that certain action.

Apparently, I hadn't been as sly enough as I thought because he had caught me. Cringe.

My cheeks flamed at the embarrassing feeling that was pooling inside of me and I quickly sat down in a seat, making sure to be as far away from Mason as possible.

"So what happened, when detention had actually started?" He queried, quirking his eyebrows up in curiosity.

Currently, Mason was slouching on his seat with his jean clad legs propped up on the desk. The way he smirked at me was a sign that he had already knew, but he was just being infuriating once again.

"I got lost?" I stated, but it sounded like more of a question than an actual statement.

Mason stood up and made his way towards me, smirking deviously, "Are you sure about that?"

Now his face was an inch from mine and I wasn't prepared to back down. What I did next was definitely going to be one of my greatest regrets yet. I leaned further towards him and blew out hot air from my mouth. Instead of going for his plump, tinted-pink lips though, I leaned further towards his ear and spoke very softly.

"Absolutely, Daniels."

The stunned look on his face was priceless and I would pay lots of money to see it again. I pulled back and tried to calm down my heart beat a little. My heart had sped up from being a close proximity to him and I didn't know why. It just had and...I liked it.

Narrowing his eyes, he took a huge step back and stomped out of the detention room, leaving me all alone. Where did he go? He couldn't just leave he had detention.

Besides, where was the teacher in charge of all of this? I let out a big huff and lowered my head. I was so tired and I just wanted to go home. I still had about an hour and 35 minutes to go, considering I was late. I just wanted to be at home, waiting for my dad to come back to me.

Mason soon enough came back from wherever he went off to and he looked excited, which worried me.

"Craze, I have some brilliant news," he grinned cheekily. "The teacher who was meant to supervise us for 2 hours isn't here. Her poor baby boy got sick and had to be taken to the hospital."

Rolling my eyes at him, I glared at Mason in extreme annoyance, "Ok, quit lying to me."

I burned holes into his face and watched as his face fell in hurt.

"I'm not lying, Craze. She seriously isn't here," he spat, fury lightening his eyes.

My eyes widened at his anger and I backed up a little in my chair, "How are you so sure then?"

"I appear to be good friends with the young receptionist," he admitted, averting his eyes to the cold floor so I couldn't see his face.

My eyes widened even more in pure disgust as I heard his reply. I hoped to God that it didn't mean what I thought it meant. I couldn't lie that what he said had hurt me a tiny bit and I couldn't deny the resentment and also the envy I had felt towards that receptionist.

Noticing I was silent, Mason switched his eyes to me and parted his lips in confusion when he saw the disgust layering my face.

Scrunching up his face, Mason seemed to have realised the double meaning of what he had said because he then began spluttering and choking on air.

"No, no. Gosh no!" He choked out, looking very pale himself. "She's my cousin."

"Oh," I nodded, quite relieved. Relieved? Why did I feel relieved? And how come earlier, I felt hatred towards that poor girl.

"Anyway, Craze," he continued on. "Do you want to get out of here?"

I nodded happily and jumped up out of my seat, "I can't endure any more pain from being in here."

"Let's go," he grunted, turning away to the door.

I followed him out into the hallway until he abruptly stopped, making me bang my nose against his toned back.

"Ouch!" I yelped, rubbing my nose in pain. "Could you like not stop so suddenly?!"

Mason spun around and narrowed his piercing green eyes at me, "Could you like not yell in my ear?!"

"Well if you had carried on walking, then I wouldn't have to yell in your ear," I fired back quickly.

"Well if you weren't daydreaming, then you wouldn't have walked into me!" He snarled.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have stopp-"

Suddenly, a rough hand closed over my mouth, muffling the rest of my sentence.

Mason seemed to have been the one covering my mouth. Looking at him questioningly, I glanced down at the hand against my mouth and then stared back at Mason. He got what I was getting at and before I knew it, Mason had shoved me up against the wall. Slowly releasing his hand from my mouth, I breathed in more air and nodded for Mason to go on and speak up.

"I heard footsteps round the corner," he told me, alarming me greatly. "It sounded like they had locked the school."

"What?!" I blurted out in horror. "I can't stay here over night. I need to get home."

I knew there was no-one waiting for me to get home, but I really wanted to be back at home just incase my dad got back.

"You're not the only one that that needs to get home, Sunshine," he glared.

I had now realised how close Mason was to me. Our chests were touching as we breathed heavily in discomposure and Mason was holding my arms over my head to stop me from moving.

"What do we do?" I whispered cautiously, hoping I wouldn't start him off again.

"We go to the reception to see if my cousin is still there," he planned. "If she isn't, we are screwed."

"Doesn't this school have signal?" I asked, slipping my phone out of my black jeans' pocket.

He nodded, "It does but it isn't very good. It would have to take a few tries for it to work."

"Anyway, let's go find that cousin of yours," I murmured, walking directly to the hallway that leads to the reception.

—————————————————————
Hello! Yes wow a new chapter. I am on a roll. Please feel free to comment and also please vote. I would really appreciate it.

PS: I hope I did not offend anyone when I said about the cousin thing. You can like/love anyone you want. Mason was just overreacting at the idea of what the double meaning was because of how close he and his cousin are, which you'll find out in the next chapter :)

So I will see you soon my lovelies
Gem Gems