THIRTEEN

Blinking rapidly, I waited for my eyes to adjust to the light that shone upon me. I felt sticky and everything was sore. My arms ached, my head was pounding, my legs appeared bruised and I couldn't even move one of my arms without biting my lip to stop myself from screaming out. Don't even get me started on my ribs.

Lifting my head, I let out a little pained gasp before reaching my hand around my head. I howled in pain as I quickly retreated my hand back to my lap. Feeblishly glancing down at my hand, I stared at the red patch of a sticky substance that stained my fingers.

"What d-did they d-do?" I stammered to myself as I scanned around the room in panic. Where was I?

Slowly getting up onto my scratched feet, I limped, whilst holding my ribs, towards a brown door that seemed to be my only way out. I was in a room that was for sure, but where in the world was I? They had obviously taken me to their hang out. What did men like them call their home these days anyway?

It definitely wasn't their HQ. Den? They weren't lions.

Grabbing the door knob, I turned it in hopes for it to open with ease. Did it though? Think again. I knew they would lock me in an isolated room at some point. At least it had light I guess. From a light bulb.

I huffed out a breath and spun around  back to my spot. These men would never let me go freely so I might as well set up a spot. Laying down on the cool, uncomfortable stone, I got ready to fall asleep.

Suddenly, a loud knock on the door sprung me up. Alerted and worried, I quickly limped to the corner of the room.

"Sweetie, lunch is served," a voice cackled, opening a small door at the bottom of the brown one and sliding a tray through. "Eat up, princess. You have a big day today."

Once the voice's chuckle had faded away, I hobbled over to the tray. On the tray, a small sandwich and a tiny plastic cup sat. Luckily, the sandwich was on a plate but I still didn't trust it. Drugs could had been crushed in between the ham and lettuce for all I knew.

Picking up the plastic cup, I shakily sipped the water from it. It didn't look like it had been spiked. To be honest, it looked surprisingly clean. My throat was dry and so were my lips so I needed that liquid anyway. Even if it did appear odd looking.

After gulping down the tiny amount of water, I hobbled back to the corner and curled down into a ball whilst trying my hardest not to put any strain on my ribs or my arm. Closing my eyes tightly, I let a defeated tear slip down my face. This wasn't my fault. It was really my father's, but I had to pay for the price of it. Again.

*
*
*
*
"Wake up, girlie. You have work to do," he grumbled, shaking my arms, which gladly wasn't my bad one.

"W-Work?" I mumbled, sitting up dizzily. "What f-for?"

The man snorted like a pig and pulled me up roughly by my hair, "What did you think you were doing? Waiting in there for your precious prince to save you?"

Wincing in pain, I let myself be dragged by Mr Meat. Yes, I was calling him Mr Meat. I wasn't exactly going to get a name now was I.

"Boss, I've got her," Mr Meat murmured into something. "N-No, sir. She isn't h-hurt."

Liar. I was in freaking pain. My conscience yelled.

Leading me to a door, he quickly opened it and shoved me inside before sprinting back down from the way we came.

"Not creepy at all," I whispered, rubbing my head to ease the irritating pain.

Limping towards the middle, I looked around the room. Inside the room, a chair was in the middle with chains wrapped around it. That must have been where Mr Meat was supposed to put me, but ran off.

"Leia, my darling!" A familiar voice yelled.

"Dad?" I shouted before turning towards the very familiar voice that I hadn't heard in ages. "Daddy!"

"My baby girl," he whispered, tears spilling from his honey golden eyes that were very similar to mine. "Leia, I'm sorry nugget. I've let you down."

Sobbing, I ran over to my dad with open arms and began to speak, "What do you mean daddy? What did you do?"

"I don't know how, but I got my h-hands on a g-gun," he breathed out heavily with his shoulders hunched over. "Nugget, I didn't mean to. I promise."

Instantly, he began to sob relentlessly. Tears were now like waterfalls pouring down from his face. My dad was a mess. My daddy looked so upset.

"Dad...what did you do?" I choked back a sob as I tried to sway my thoughts away from what I thought he had actually done.

"I shot one of his men."

It was like I was stabbed in my heart. A sharp painful stab that I would never forget the excruciating pain it came with.

Pulling away from him, my eyes widened in absolute astonishment. Shooting one of his men came with consequences. Very bad consequences.

"Daddy, will I lose you?" I whispered in shock and distress. I swallowed down the bile that was rising to my throat.

His eyes told everything. His face fell and he averted his eyes to the floor. I just stood there whilst struggling to comprehend the situation I was in.

"Dad. Please tell me it isn't true," I spoke quietly but slowly my voice began to rise. "TELL ME THIS IS SOME SICK PRANK! Please..."

"Nugget, I've tried to convince them, negotiate with them. I've tried everything and I've failed everytime," he swallowed guiltily.

"But dad. You can't leave me. I'll have no-one," I gasped out a breath with tears glistening my eyes. "No-one I repeat."

His honey golden eyes glossed with tears. Then those tears, would soon drip down his frail, bruised cheeks. I didn't want say good bye so soon.

Abruptly, a hand grabbed my dad's arm and tugged him off roughly to a door.

"Dad! Dad!" I yelled, making my way after him, but hands gripped me back.

"I tried sweetie. I did," he cried. "Good bye, Nugget."

"No. This can't be the end," I yelled after him as he got dragged through the door.

"I'll say hello to your mother for you," he yelled back, his voice drifting away as he got pushed down the narrow hallway.

"I tried, Nugget." Were the lasts words I heard from my daddy before he got taken away from me for good.

"Well why didn't you try harder!" I wailed, collapsing to my knees in devastation

Bang! Bang!

"Why d-didn't you try harder?" I whispered to myself lowly. "For me at least."

____________________________________________________________________________
Hey, do you hate me? Did you expect that to happen? Sorry if I hurt you or you let peeled onions get to the best of you. Please VOTE and don't be afraid to share your opinions by COMMENTING. Stay safe and I will see you soon my lovelies <3
Gem Gems