NINE

Creeping around the corner of the corridor, I glanced down the hallway in hoping not to bump into Mason. Luckily for me, Mason didn't turn up for English that afternoon.

But because he didn't bother to attend that lesson, it meant that he didn't know about the class going on the trip tomorrow. I couldn't quite be sure if I was happy that he didn't know, or annoyed.

One reason for me being annoyed, was that I would be all alone with some new teacher called Mr Redford. For all I knew, he could be some paedophile. My English teacher, Miss Clover, did say that some teachers said he was ok, but I couldn't trust their opinions.

One reason for me being happy, was that there was no-one to be annoying and there was no-one to distract me from my work. The latter sounded nice.

Knocking on the library door, I waited for Mrs White, the librarian, to open the door.

Soon enough the door opened, revealing a chubby and jolly woman. Mrs White was a very kind librarian and was good at her job. She knew about where every section was and she always kept the library clean and tidy.

"Oh hello dear, what can I do for you?" She grinned, welcoming me in.

After school, the library closed and I didn't know why. However, Mrs White would just let you in if you knocked on the door and asked. I used to be a regular here in the library. Sometimes I would even help tidy up at the end of the day.

I stopped coming though one day. I never came back to tidy and I always studied at home. Never in the library anymore. Mrs White got worried because I had always loved the library.

When I was walking passed the library one day, she caught up to me and wanted to know why I had stopped coming. That was when I broke down and sobbed.

I told her about how my dad had gone somewhere and I didn't know where. I didn't tell her about them but I was sure she could tell that there was someone or something that he went after.

Now, I would sometimes come in the mornings. Not many times, but a few.

"I was wondering if you saw a bag left right at the back of the room?" I asked, hoping she had so I could just go home with my bag and with no problems.

"I'm sorry dear, but I don't think I have. I check everytime for bags and things when the bell for the end of the day rings," she smiled sadly.

"Oh ok. Well if you do see it somewhere please tell me right away. It has my phone in there," I remarked in despair.

"How are you getting home?" She asked with wide eyes.

"I'm walking. I didn't bother with my car this morning. It wouldn't start for some odd reason," I mumbled. And that was the truth. I didn't put the wrong key in that time. It actually wouldn't start.

From now on, I would have to walk to school. It took at least twelve minutes to get to school by car so it would take thirty five, or more, minutes to walk.

"Miss Owens, it's going to rain and get very dark at this time of day," she argued. "I'll drive you, honey."

It may had been strange, but Mrs White was more of my elderly friend than a teacher to me. She had driven me lots of times. However, today, I didn't want to waste her time. Mrs White was a busy woman with four mouths to feed, including her husband.

"No, Miss. I wouldn't want to hassle you. So I'll be off now," I said before leaving the library.

Once I got outside to go home, I looked to the sky. The clouds were angry and looked like they were going to take their anger out on us fellow people.

Beginning to walk passed the school gates, I shivered as a cold breeze swept through the air.

"You should have brought a coat," a voice whispered in my ear, causing me to jump.

I spun my head around to see a grinning Mason, "Damn it, Mason!"

Mason grinned even wider, if that was possible, and threw something to me that made a loud noise when dropped on the concrete pavement.

"You left your bag," he replied sharply, his grin instantly gone.

"Um...thanks," I awkwardly said, skidding my boot along the pavement.
"You were lucky that someone didn't steal it," he narrowed his eyes, his voice full of coldness that sent shivers down my spine.

"Why would anyone want this piece of junk?" I rolled my eyes, bending down to swipe my bag from off of the floor.

"A lot of people. Especially if they liked selling phones for cash," he deadpanned, sending a rather rude scowl my way.

"Hey! How did you know my phone was in there?!" I yelled, not letting him answer. "You don't just look in womens' bags. Did your mother ever teach you anything."

Shaking my head in disbelief, I rifled through my bag just in case anything was missing.

"My mother's dead," a bitter voice spat with anger.

Glancing up to him in shock, my lips parted to respond.

"Don't apologise. I don't need your pity," he snapped, clenching his fists tightly. "In fact, I don't need anything from you."

Chuckling coldly, he turned and stormed off with immense ferocity to his bold strides.

__________________________________________________________________________

Ooh how did you like that ending?

You are probably thinking since when do you go on trips for English. Well just wait and see why. Don't forget to vote and also don't forget to add this to your library as it will tell you when I have updated and released new chapters.

Anyway, I hoped you liked it and I will see you soon my lovelies
Gem Gems