TWENTY NINE

Haha, do you like the brand new cover made by my dear friend, lotus7543?

Go follow lotus7543  and send her some love. Also, read her book. It's great!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I need all of your help guys," Mason said loudly and clearly, scanning his eyes over everyone. "Leia's mum has been taken by a few horrible people and we need to get her back before anything bad happens to her."

We were all sitting around a table in Mason's house. It was also the devil's house, which had my curiosity sparking up inside me. Was his office here? Because if so, I was definitely having a look. I didn't care if Mason said no. His office could have the answers I needed.

Holding my hands out in front of me, I nodded along with what Mason was saying. My bottom lip was sore from me nervously biting it and my eyes probably represented a person on crack.

All in all, I looked like an utter wreck sitting in front of all of my mates and Mason's mates.

Or shall I say mate for him, considering Kane was the only willing friend to help out.

Kane had brought his boyfriend, which I'd found out his name was Arthur, with him.

Arthur was an absolute sweetheart. I could tell he cared about Kane a lot. Gosh, and to think Arthur had to put up with Kane 'dating' Angela. I was glad both of them were happy.

"One question," Ashley scrunched up her nose, holding her hand up high in the air. "Where is her mum exactly?"

Pointing over at Arthur, Mason replied, "Arthur over here is our own little hacker. He is into computer science, which means he is very good with computers. Computer science may not mean hacking but it does involve computers."

Ashley rolled her eyes and remarked, "Duh, it wouldn't be called computer science. Seriously, I am starting to believe that you have as many brain cells as you do friends here."

"At least it's more than yours," Mason spat out.

"Oh, so you can't count now as well," Ashley chuckled bitterly.

I sighed at their bickering. It wasn't helping.

"Stop it!" I yelled out, shutting them up as hot tears began to overflow from my eyes in an instant. Thinking about my mum all alone had me weeping like a baby.

"Guys, I want my mum back. Please," I tearfully choked out in a cracked voice whilst pleading with my honey brown eyes.

"Sorry, Leia," Mason apologised, wrapping me up in a tight squeeze. "I promise you. We will get her back. Alive."

Closing my eyes briefly, I heaved out a heavy breath, "I want to see my mum again. I need to see her."

"I know," he whispered, stroking my brown hair back with his calloused, rough hands. "I know."

His calming touch had my scalp tingling. I loved the feeling it gave me. I felt eyes on me and I looked up to see everyone sending pity looks towards me.

Flaming up, I averted my eyes to the wooden table. Everyone consisted of, Kane, Arthur, Ashley, Abby, Sara and Ana. We had a lot of people on our side, but would it be enough? Would Arthur even track down Mason's father? Would we get there in time?

I watched as Arthur got his laptop out  from his bag and started switching it on. I smiled at him when he glanced my way. He grinned back whilst sliding on his black framed glasses.