☾hapter 8- Reaction

A/N- This chapter was originally only 500 words.

My mouth gaps at his question the ball dropping from my hand but he makes no move to catch it.

It bounces between us his finger still lingering under my chin as my face heats under his warm gaze.

"I-"

"Hunter!" that girl's voice giggles making my body jolt back at her flirty tone.

A nasty unfamiliar feeling stirs in my gut as my eyes are quick to water my emotions heightening against any rational thought.

"Selena?" Shadow asks in surprise taking a step toward me but I step back looking over to see Hunter's arms wrapped around the girl his eyes on me coldly as he whispers something in her ear making her giggle the male teacher still scolding the two but something in me snaps as his lips presses against her neck.

My body trembles fire rising in my throat as I am quick to cover my mouth not understanding the strong reaction from my body but I am quick to listen to it.

I run out of the hall the sounds of different balls bouncing covering any noise behind me as I exit the hall rushing into the changing rooms. I meet the toilet stalls instantly before my body hacks.

"Selena?" Ava's voice asks concerned as tears run down my face my chest heaving violently but nothing but water escapes from the lack of breakfast.

"Oh my god!" Ava realizes coming over she holds the end of my ponytail to stop it from falling into the bowl "are you sick?" she asks rubbing up down my back as I gag once again but nothing comes out as my body itches feeling on fire.

Hate and rejection move around my mind quickly spinning my mind.

"Dizzy" I try to explain before my body racks up making me cringe before I kneel back onto the dirty floor.

Ava steps back being pushed out of the stall by the lack of space before she kneels down behind me reaching above me to grab toilet paper and giving it to me.

"Wait one second I'm going to get you some water okay?" she says and I nod un unable to speak as I hear her exit the room.

I begin cleaning up my mouth my throat burning as my heart tightens in pain only aiding with the dizziness as I think back to them making out.

Why the fuck am I jealous?

Throwing the paper down the bowl I am quick to flush forcing myself to stand. I walk over to the sink shakily washing my hands and mouth using the water to spit out any taste of sick.

I wish I had a toothbrush.

"Here" Ava says coming back in before softly handing me a cup of cool water and I shakily take it grateful for the coldness as it helps with the burn.

"Thank you" I whisper my voice hoarse wiping my eyes and cursing myself when looking into the mirror. I see the bags from the lack of sleep last night my skin much more dull than as my bone structure is showing clearer on my face.

I look as if I was dying...

I feel as if I am dying.

"I was so worried when you ran out like that. Shadow wanted to come after you but couldn't come in since this is the girls changing room" she tries to jest making me look at her wondering if she would get what was happening to me.

"I felt sick after seeing them make out" I admit looking at her embarrassedly "I feel my whole body rejected and I don't even know why..."

She frowns puzzlement on her face before something shifts "rejected?" she asks blinking before moving over one of her hands reaching mine while the other reaches for my forehead.