Part 31: He's gone? (Edited)

A/N First of all, i admit that english is my second language and that's why my grammar is a total mess. i'm sorry for that. But, there's already someone who willingly to edit my story and i will reupdate back the whole parts once jay-I-cee done with it~

So, for the time being, i hope you guys can bear reading this story with jumble grammar~

sorry~

[Peter's POV]

It was misty, cold morning when I arrived in front of my parent's lawn by a taxi. After paid a few dollars to the driver, I got out from the taxi together with my backpack on my shoulder and I was like, stood there stiffly in the middle of cemented runaway while locking my gaze on the main door of the house.

There's reluctance in my heart to go forward and knock on the door. Maybe because I still could not find a solid excuses to be given to my mother when she asked me why I was in her lawn, on the early morning of Monday. The worse question she could possibly asked; 'Where is Sean? Or Why you come alone?'.

I didn't count the time I've been standing there like a statue-not moving, just breathing; for how long?!

Not until I felt numbness at my legs. Only then, I made an effort to pluck out my legs from that spot and moved forward, heading towards the door.

"Knock"

"Knock"

"Knock"

After the third knocked, I waited for the door to be opened by either mom or dad. But, usually my mo....

"PETER?!!" My mom screamed out my name-shocked.

"Hi, mom..." I greeted and jumped on her for a hug. The warmth from her body, embraced my cold heart and my sorrow soul. I felt little bit warmer and better than last night. This reminds me that, even tho I lost Sean but I still own friends and parent that loved me unconditionally.

Back off from her.

"What're you doing here?! How come you didn't tell me that you're coming over?" She asked the first killing question. "Wait... you come alone? Where's Sean?" Second killing questions.

"Mom...can we get inside first beforehand... it's quite chilling...here!"

"Owh...yeah...yeah! Come on in..."

I placed down my backpack on the couch in the living room before moved into the kitchen and sat on the stool at the preparing counter.

"Do you have your breakfast yet?"

"Not yet... I went straight over here after got off from the plane..."

"Here, your coffee... with creamer..."

"Thanks..."

"So, what do you want for your breakfast?" Asked my mom.

"Anything is fine mom..." I answered her lightly.

"If you say so... I will make your favorite breakfast set then, toasted with blueberry jam and scramble eggs."

"Yeah...that's sounds nice..." I pulled a smile at her.

I took out the phone from my pocket and pushed down the home button to switch on the screen. It shows zero notifications on that screen, there are no messages or calls. Disappointment clouded my heart, because deep inside me I was waiting for a message or a call from Sean.

I don't know why the hell my heart couldn't stop having this hopeless hope, waiting for someone who would never love me back.

Only then, I remembered that my phone was in flight mode status. One of the important rules that you have to obey when on the flight. Switching off the airplane mode, dozens of messages and missed calls flooded my phone notifications within a few seconds. Most of it is from Sean, and there are two messages from Heath. I chose to reply to Heather's message; telling her that I've arrived here, safely.