Chapter 8

TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY!

_____________

Emma's POV

"Blake?" A woman's voice rang from a different room in the house

"Ya mom?" Blake answered

"Oh thank goodness you're here! Can you go fix the sink? Your father won't be back till late and I need to do dishes" the woman said while walking into the hall to meet us.

You could tell she was Blake's mom, she was very beautiful. She looked like she just walked out of a fashion magazine.

"Oh hello! Who are you?" Blake's mom asked

"I'm Emma, Emma Starr" I said as I reached my hand out

"You are so cute Emma" she laughed as she ignored my hand and gave me a hug instead

"Thanks Mrs. Stevens" I replied

"Oh please no one calls me that, please call me Julie" she smiled at me

"Ok well thanks Julie" I smiled back. I suddenly felt a tug on my hand I looked down to see little Nichole staring up at me with her big eyes.

"Can we play dolls?" She asked

How can I say no? Nichole led me to the living room to play dolls while Blake turned to the kitchen to fix the sink.

Nichole was the cutest thing ever. She had Carmel brown eyes and dark brown hair. You could tell she started chemo because her hair is starting to fall out. The whole day Nichole and I played with dolls while Blake just sat on the couch and watched, he claimed that it would "ruin" his image. Whatever, it was his lose. I was having the time of my life with Nichole. She is so amazing, I totally look up to her, I could never be so happy and have so much energy if I had the same sickness.

It was around noon when I decided to start heading home. I really didn't want to leave not just because of Nichole and I also wasn't ready to face my backstabbing parents.

I checked my phone to see I had 17 missed calls. 8 from my mother and 9 from my dad.

"Great" I mumbled as I slowly walked home.

I reached my house and opened the door to face both of my parents yelling agian. They didn't even notice I was home until I yelled at them

"shut it!" I yelled

They look up at me immediately their faces flashed with embarrassment, worry, and anger.

"How dare you talk to your parents like that missy! Where have you been? Why didn't you call?" My mom questioned while getting in my face. This made me angry, no furious. I took a step towards her and narrowed my eyes.

"I'll answer those questions if you answer why you and dad are even still together."

"Because we love each other sweetie what kind of question is that?" My dad answered

"Bull! That's fucking bullshit! If you fucking loved each other then why did I hear you guys yelling at each other about how you're both cheating on each other!" I screamed back

Nothing. They said nothing. I knew it. I quickly ran upstairs past my room and made my way to one of our closets. I walked inside the closet and closed the door. I reached up and pulled a string that was hanging from the ceiling, immediately a ladder came down and I made my way up. I climbed up to the top and found myself in my tower. I loved my tower it's my little get away from the world. I hadn't realized I was crying until I sat on one the windowsills. I quickly wiped my tears and began thinking of what had happened this weekend.