The Second Day's Tasks

After consuming about half of the bowl of water, (f/n) had to stop. She couldn't drink anymore. It was as though she could feel the water sloshing around inside of her, and it wasn't pleasant. Edgar wore a knowing look on his face, as he leaned against the kitchen doorway. A smirk decorated his lips, while he motioned for her to take another sip. (F/n) found herself shaking her head in response; she didn't want anymore.

"I thought you said you were thirsty, (f/n). Don't tell me you intend to waste the rest of that water?" Edgar commented before pushing himself off the door frame. He had suspected that she was lying to him from the beginning, but when she started to drink large gulps of the water, his suspicion died down. Now, that doubt was returning. "Were you perhaps going to do something else with that water?"

"No, I just overestimated how much water I wanted," she responded, as she set the bowl on one of the granite kitchen counters. "Anyway, I want to know what you're doing in the kitchen. I came for a drink, so what about you, Edgar?"

"I came down to get some morning coffee. I was going to bring some up for you, but it seems like you already decided what you wanted to drink. You should stay in bed longer next time, (f/n)," he answered, going over to the coffee machine. Of course, he did want his coffee, but he had intended to get that later. He only came down into the kitchen to see what his muse was up to.
He had heard her leave her room, since he was just lying in his bed awake. It was one of those mornings where he didn't want to get out of bed, but his beloved's movements had intrigued him. Personally, he hadn't expected her to get up so early. Regardless, he had waited a few minutes before exiting his own room. While she was trying to figure out which door was the kitchen, he was watching her from the left staircase. After she had entered the cooking area, he went over to the kitchen door and waited a few moments before entering himself.

"There's a reason I didn't stay in bed when I woke up," she mumbled.

"Yes, wasn't it that you wanted a drink? Or, are you changing your mind?" Edgar replied, grabbing a measuring cup from one of the cabinets above the coffee machine. He filled it with filtered water from the refrigerator and proceeded to pour it into the machine.

"Well, there was a second reason. Someone can have multiple reasons for doing something," she countered, as she found herself staring at his hair. She had never suspected that it would have such a natural wave to it, since she had only seen it tied up before. How could his hair look so perfect when he woke up? Granted, she turned her gaze away from him soon after.

"That's true. So, what was this second reason?" he inquired, putting in the coffee filter before adding the already ground coffee into the machine. He closed the top of the machine and turned it on, as the coffee began to run into the coffeepot.

"I'm not telling you," she stated, picking up the bowl of water. With it back in her hands, she glanced around the kitchen and saw some flowers on the kitchen windowsill. She went over to them and began to carefully pour the rest of the water on the flowers, after she had checked the soil to see if it was dry. Thankfully, it was, so she had an excuse to put the water elsewhere.

Since the coffee was now brewing, Edgar leaned against the same counter that the coffee maker was on. Facing (f/n), he watched her water the flowers. "Well, I suppose you're not wasting the water that way. Still, this second reason interests me. Did you perhaps get up early, so as to avoid me waking you up?"