Distance's Trouble

"Then, for the next two weeks, you're not needed in this room. You'll receive your assignments for the day by means of a letter that will be slid under your door. You'll eat your meals at separate times from me and in the kitchen. In general I don't want to see you for the next two weeks. Now, get out of here; you're done for the day. The rest of your meals will be brought up to your room for today," Edgar said, his gaze turned down towards his feet.

She could see his left hand clenching the doorknob, as though he were trying to crush it in his hand. His entire demeanor was rather menacing at the moment. Perhaps, she should've been more careful last night, but she couldn't go back and redo things. Regardless, she knew that right now she needed to get out of the room before Edgar exploded with rage.

Standing up from the bench, she walked towards the door and past him. As soon as she stood in the hallway, the door closed behind her. She knew that she should probably feel bad for him, but he did technically give her what she wanted. It wasn't a trip into town, but he just gave her ample time to find a way into the workers' garage. Of course, she suspected that there might be more eyes watching her now. Edgar may have shooed her away for two weeks, but he probably wouldn't have her actions go completely unchecked.

Still, it was strange that he was so controlling over her actions in his house. She did live here now, so she expected a little more freedom than she received. It was his house, and he was her employer, but she had never expected him to be like this. Granted, she should've known after he pulled that letter stunt. With all of this in consideration, she still desired to have an answer from him about why he had such a close eye on her.

(F/n) didn't think it was natural for someone to be so upset by having one of their workers, who lived with them, explore their house. If anything it was weird that she had to sneak around just so she could go to town herself. Of course, she had never asked him if she go into town by herself. She did assume that he just wouldn't allow it because of his constant insistence to go with her if she even mentioned the word town.

Even with all this, she found that she couldn't remove her feelings for him. They were still there, but she supposed that she had grown accustomed to working for him. She would still blush whenever he teased her or got too close, but in other circumstances she could act quite normal around him. Sighing, she decided that she would just head up to her room for the day and relax. Granted, her room window overlooked the workers' house. So, she could potentially see a way in from there. With a small determined smile on her face, she started to go to her room.

When he had closed the door after she left, he felt empty. He had just willingly sent his muse away. Didn't he just give her what she wanted? She wished to get away from him, didn't she? That was her purpose for sneaking around, right? Why else would she have entered the garage when he was away from the house? Was he wrong about her adoring him? No, he was certain that she still had feelings for him. His beloved had to have feelings for him, or what would he do?

All of these questions felt like a heavy weight crushing his mind. At the same time, though, he just couldn't help but feel a void. That emptiness seemed infinite. Just what had he done? Part of him wanted to swing open the door and chase after her. He desired to wrap his arms around her and never let her go, yet here he was standing? Of his own volition, he had secluded himself in his workshop. Couldn't he have just forced a confession out of her?

He didn't need one, though, since he already knew the answer. Frankly, he just wanted her to confirm it. To just hear it from her beautiful lips, he would be fine. She would offer him an apology, and he would accept it with open arms. Instead, she remained silent and tried to deny her actions. Didn't she know that she couldn't lie to him; he could read her too easily.