Shadow's Removal

"Him? Get rid of me? I think you're quite wrong, sir. Edgar's company won't last for long if he gets rid of me. Howard doesn't even know anything about business. He is just the head worker among the other toy makers. You're mad if you think that he can live up to my reputation," Frederic exclaimed, an overly arrogant grin painting his lips.

"That's where you're wrong, Frederic. I've been teaching my son about the art of business ever since Edgar announced his plan to me. Of course, I'll be helping my son out in the beginning, but afterwards he will work on his own," Mr. Helmsgrove responded, his tone remaining even and calm unlike Frederic's.

"Oh? And, how will Edgar manage to convince my connections of your son's takeover of my position? They won't accept some newcomer with open arms, Kaleb. Rather, they'll crush him and take over the position themselves."

"Another point where you're quite mistaken. All of them have been paid for this month, but they're no longer with the company, hence the reason that they weren't present at the dinner this evening. Edgar discovered that they had some questionable business practices, which you turned a blind eye to. So, your brother removed them from the company's contacts. You're a business man, Frederic. Surely, you would've known the consequences had the company been found to be supporting such things, especially since it's a toy store."

The light blonde-haired male combed his bangs back with his right hand and chuckled a bit. "Questionable business practices, you say? Do you have solid proof against this? Does Edgar have solid proof? Who does Edgar think he is? He has no right to get rid of my contacts, my attention, my right to reap profits from this d*mn company. Honestly, if he wants to steal my things and claim that I have suspicious connections, I'll demonstrate to him that he can't. He can't take anything from me."

Mr. Helmsgrove gave him a skeptical look, as Frederic turned on his heel. (F/n) wondered what he was planning, but her mind came up with a clear idea when he started to head for the balcony outside. Quickly, she went out from behind Mr. Helmsgrove to go after him, but a familiar voice behind her told her to stop.

Peering over her left shoulder, she saw Edgar coming towards her. Her eyes widened, since she hadn't expected him to be here. Sure, Frederic had been telling Mr. Helmsgrove to bring him out, but she didn't think that he would actually be in the building. Just how long had he been in here?

Regardless, her eyes shifted between Frederic and Edgar. Edgar, though, signaled Mr. Helmsgrove to go after his brother, while he walked over to her. "I was intending to come out later, but I suppose that I should try to stop my brother," he casually remarked, as he brushed a few loose strands of her hair behind her left ear.

She had so many questions for him, but her attention directed itself back to Frederic. He was now standing near the railing with a crazed look on his face. "(F/n), stay in here, while Mr. Helmsgrove and I deal with him," he added, as he started to walk away from her.

"But..." she started but found that she couldn't finish.

"You have no reason to worry, (f/n). Just wait for me in here, and we'll have some dinner when I come back. I appreciate that you didn't eat when you were holding the doll, so you're welcome to order anything when I come back," he responded before he headed outside onto the balcony.