Chapter 14 : Detention

"Wake up, Samantha!"

"Mhmm, your eyes make me go all dizzy," I murmured in my sleep.

I heard a gasp from the person. Ignoring it, I plunged my head deeper into the pillow. A lazy smile formed its way to my lips.

"And I hate to admit but your lips are so pink," I continued sleep talking, "Almost kissable. Your bad that I am scared of kissing."

"Samantha, wake up right now," someone started shaking me. I giggled and began to wave my hands on the anonymous person's face.

I frowned and poked the person's cheeks, "Last time I checked you did not had a beard as piercing as a cactus."

"SAMANTHA HARRIS, IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP THIS INSTANT I'LL BE THROWING YOU OUT OF MY HOUSE," anonymous man lost his temper. I groaned and woke up, rubbing my eyes.

"What do you want, Try-" the words died in the pit of my stomach as soon as I saw the person. "DAD!" I yelled in panic.

Dad was fuming with anger. His face was so red that if I didn't know better, I would have thought he was blushing.

"I can't believe you have that B thing in your life, and you never told me?" he said, befuddled.

"That B thing is called a boyfriend, dad," I said, standing up from the bad, "And no, I don't have a boyfriend."

"Then who were you dreaming about?" he asked, suspiciously.

I started walking here amd there, to avoid his question.

"Fine," dad said with a huff, "but I will be dropping you to school today."

I opened my mouth to argue but he just gave me a serious look and left the room.

I groaned, hiding my face in my hands, "D-Did I just dream about Trystan and his lips?"

My nose scrunched up at the thought and I rushed into the bathroom to freshen up. I brushed at least four times because everytime I felt there was need to brush more. After doing my morning business, I quickly took a bath and got ready for school.

It took me ten minutes to accompany dad for breakfast. Mom had left early for her bakery. She has been doing this since forever, to avoid breakfast with me. Honestly, I did not even care anymore.

"Wow! Pancakes," I grinned at the chocolate pancakes dripped in strawberry syrup, kept at the dining table.

Dad gave me a nod, "Mind telling me why did you come home late, yesterday?"

"T-Tiffany was not feeling well," I said, fiddling with my food.

"I don't understand why are you doing this job, Samantha?" Dad said with a sigh.

"Dad, don't go all grumpy on me in the morning," I pouted.

He rolled his eyes and started reading the newspaper.

I slowly and patiently devoured each bite of the pancake. Finally, when we were done with our breakfast, we both got ready to leave.

"Are you sure you want to drop me?" I asked dad, hopping on the passenger seat.

"Positive," he said, starting the car.

I pulled out my tongue at him and avoided dad and his country music throughout the ride. Sitting entirely, I made a plan- as soon as dad stops the car, I will climb out of it and run straight, without giving him a second glance.

Easy, right?

So, when dad stopped his car near my school building, I cautiously went into my ninja zone. I held my backpack tighter and was about to jump when dad pulled me back with the strap of my bag.