Chapter 42 : Official

"I feel bad for mom," I complained, "Should I apologize to her?"

"No," Gabby kept her answer short, focusing on the new episode of Sherlock Holmes.

"Why is everything so messed up?" I cried, burying my head in a pillow.

"Welcome to life," Jenny chuckled, her eyes on the television.

I frowned and went near the television. Angrily, I stood in front of it, blocking their view. Like usual, we were having a sleepover at Gabby's place. But Jenny and Gabby were totally ignoring me and giving all their attention to Sherlock.

I mean Sherlock is cute but I am their best friend!

"Oh c'mon! The mystery is about to be solved!" Jenny whinned, while Gabby threw popcorns at me.

"Ugh! Go and attend your babysitting job!" Gabby huffed with annoyance.

"I would have gone but Dylan has taken Tiffany to meet the doctor," I informed them, smirking in an evil way.

Before they could shut me up with a sassy response, Jenny's phone started ringing.

"Hello?" she picked up the call.

"Gabby, I'm putting you on conference," she said, after a minute of silence. Soon, Gabby's phone started ringing too. She picked it up and joined the conference call.

I saw as my best friends talked to some anonymous person over the phone. They kept their eyes focused on me while nodding their head at everything being told.

"Mhhm," they nodded their head in unison.

"Mhmm," after a few seconds, they again nodded their heads.

"Mhhhhmm," and when the third time they did that, I threw the pillow in my hands on them.

"Stop doing 'mhmm' everytime," I jumped on Jenny and tried to hear the conversation.

"Why is she so nosey?" somebody snorted. I heard him getting a smack on his head. It was followed by a laughter.

"Okay fine, bye!" Gabby rushed into the conversation and cut the call. Meanwhile, Jenny pushed me on the ground.

"Ouch!" I rubbed my bum, glaring at my best friends.

"We need to go somewhere," Jenny grinned, "The boys want to see us."

"But we just met them in school," I frowned, getting up from the floor, "Besides, it's about to be seven. Why do they want to see us now?"

"Oh sush!" Gabby said with a weirdly huge grin, "You need to get ready."

"I am ready," I pointed at my baggy jeans and a cool shirt.

"You look like Nearly Headless Nick," Jenny frowned, "Weird and funny."

I gave her an offended look. Gabby ignored both of us and went near her wardrobe. She started shuffling all the dresses, throwing every outfit on the bed. Sherlock was long forgotten by now.

After a good search of ten minutes, she took out a beautiful orange sundress. It was plain yet eye-catchy.

"Wear it!" she threw the dress at me in excitement.

"And what are you wearing?" I asked her.

"It doesn't matter," Jenny scoffed and pushed me into Gabby's bathroom.

I looked at the dress in my hand and, with a smile, I decided to change into it. Throwing away my jeans and shirt, I donned the orange sundress. I looked at myself in the mirror and a blush crept up my neck. I really looked beautiful.