seven: man sanitizer

2009

"Fucking with a goddess, and you get a little colder

"Fucking with a goddess, and you get a little colder."

The bass was thumping throughout the house, vibrating every surface with the beat. People flittered in and out of the kitchen, refilling and spilling their red solo cups. It wasn't a half-bad party by Jo's standards. She'd been too much better but for a younger crowd, it was almost exceptional.

Jo felt at home in the hazy cloud of marijuana, even taking part in smoking a few bowls, while the younger girls felt tenser; they weren't used to the scene. Alison was somewhere in the middle. She was used to the grittiness of what people did to achieve a cloud nine statues, although there was still an aura around her that made you feel she was too good for such activities.

She was just as bored as the others, digging her phone out from her clutch. Alison eyed the way Jo let the boy she was speaking to get handsy. She crinkled her nose up in disgust. Towards the back she got sight of Noel Kahn with a sleazy girl in his lap, laughing as he felt his hands on her hips. Beside her, Aria was brimming with silent jealousy, making her the perfect victim

The girl looked down at her phone, jumping from Noel's lap with a gasp. "That's it, Noel! We're over."

"Wait, what did I do?" yelled Noel as he watched her march away.

She snatched her cup up and stomped to Jo, who looked down at her with confusion and slight arrogance as she approached. Wrong move. The girl reared her hand back and sloshed the contents of her cup on Jo, drenching her sheer top. 

"Skank!" she screamed in a nasal tone.

"You know, if I'm going to wear red, I'd like it to be the color of my lingerie." Jo sneered, trying to wipe what she could from her face. She was seething as she noticed Alison standing at the edge of the kitchen with a small smirk on her face. As she took in the phone in Ali's hand, she realized this was her handiwork. "Not from some bitch's fruit punch and rum!"

The girl turned back to Noel, tears welling up in her eyes. "Happy, now?"

She left in a blur with Jo hot on her heels. Although, no one in the room was certain if it was to clean herself up or to make that girl's night worse.

"No? What the hell!" He was still confused as he tried to piece together what just happened, before coming to the same conclusion as Jo. "Real nice, Ali."

Spencer leaned into Ali as she kept her attention on the crowd. "What just happened?"

"We just put Noel Kahn back on the market."

"What did we do?" Spencer's jaw dropped, shocked at the revelation. "And did we just sacrifice one of our own to do it?"

All of the girls were angry with Alison for what she did, but none were defiant enough to speak out. They each kept quiet, their actions speaking louder than the music.