Chapter ElevenPointFive

Chapter 11.5

Rylan Sauron

“What is your business with my pack?” I grumbled out as his piercing brown eyes looked at Arabella amusingly. “Why the hell are you staring at her like that?”

“Oh, it’s nothing,” he shrugged his shoulders carelessly before gliding towards Arabella. What the hell is up with him?

“Are you here to steal one of our members away again? Tell me, Nicolai. Was it not satisfying enough for you to steal the love of my life from me? Were you happy that you managed to get through me? That the both of you managed to hurt the big bad Alpha?” I shoved him backwards, but his brute strength made it seem like he didn’t even move. That irritated me more.

“Hello again, Arabella,” his gleaming brown eyes looked at me for a second and turned back to Arabella. He pulled on her arm and kissed it lightly, earning a growl from my wolf.

“My office. Now!” I boomed, gesturing Jake to take Nicolai away. Once they were out of sight, I ordered all of the pack members to get on with their business. Arabella looked at nothing in particular, her pink lips quivering slightly. I kissed her lightly, taking her hands in mine.

“I should’ve known… They have the same eyes,” she whispered lightly. I kissed her again and managed to get her attention. She shook her head lightly and forced a smile. “Guess I’ll leave you to your business.”

“Guess so,” I pulled her into my arms, suddenly missing the feeling of her body against mine. “Tell me how you met him… Please?” Her dark brown eyes bored through mine worriedly. She simply nodded and gave me a peck on the lips. “I won’t be long. Don’t miss me too much,” I winked and lightly slapped her bum.

She gasped and grunted, “Cocky werewolves.”

Laughing lightly, I turned towards my office and immediately rushed in. The sound of fist colliding with one another reached my ears. Bursting through the doors, I see an angry Jake’s fist flying towards Nicolai. Rolling my eyes, I pulled Jake away and threw him onto a chair.

“My oh my, little brother. You sure do know how to pack a punch now. But of course, they’re not strong enough. Everything you seem to do… It’s never enough,” Nicolai taunted as he wiped the blood onto his sleeve. “You know what father always said.”

Within seconds, Jake jumped out of the chair and had his hands around Nicolai’s neck. Sighing loudly, I had to use my Alpha authority on Jake, “Let go of him and come sit back here.”

Jake blinked repeatedly and clenched his teeth, trying to fight my authority. “Damn it, Jake! Let go of him!” Jake bowed his head slightly and reluctantly let Nicolai go.

“I despise that bastard,” he grumbled before sitting back down.

“Me too,” I sighed out before looking back at my former Beta. “What is your business here?”

“I came looking for Baine’s daughter,” Nicolai got up and shook his head.

“What makes her so important? And why are you looking for her here?” I slumped onto my seat and glared at him. He smirked slightly and crossed his arms over his chest. The challenging look in his eyes told me that he was holding many things back.

“I know that she is close… She is vital for the Resistance,” he walked over to me and slammed a pocketbook over my table. “She is the heir to this little curse….”