Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18

Arabella Baine

I opened the doors and quietly strode in. His scent filled my nostrils, stirring up my whole being. Although he has done the unthinkable, my bond with him has been strengthening itself.

I sat beside him, taking in his wan features. His lips lost its pink tint and dark circles appeared around his eyes. My hand involuntarily moved towards the stray hair covering his left eye and brushed them off. Though he looked sickly, he still managed to make my heart skip a beat. He was still as breathtaking as ever.

Trying to shake off those inappropriate thoughts, I watched his brows crease and his frame tremble. Thinking that he was cold, I put the comforter over him and tucked him in.

“No….” He mumbled, causing me to pause. “Please!” He pleaded as a frown appeared upon his face.

“Rylan?” I called out, trying to see if I had woken him somehow.

“Don’t!” He thrashed about, causing me to fall and land on the floor. “Please,” he flailed his arms around as if trying to defend himself.

“Rylan!” I screamed, taking a hold of his hands and pinning them to his sides. “Wake up!” I panicked, seeing blood drip down his cheeks. “Help!” My vision blurred as I felt the tears fall from my eyes.

“Mom,” Rylan cried out, his whole body shaking. “Please don’t leave me, mom!” More of his bloody tears poured out as I clutched onto his arms tighter. “Help, damn it! I need help!”

“I….I love you, mom. Please don’t do this,” his face was red with dried blood as his cries subsided. “I love you so much, mom….” He whispered before his arms went limp and his cries ceased.

“Luna!” the pack doctor burst into the room, looking at me with panic and shock written all over his eyes. “You…Your cheeks….”

“Don’t mind me,” I frowned and looked over Rylan’s sleeping figure. “I will fetch a wash cloth to clean him up. Meanwhile, I want you to check over his vital signs. He…He had tears made of blood.”

“So do you, Luna.” He looked over me with concern as he gestured towards the droplets of dried blood on Rylan’s shirt. My fingers immediately felt the crusty dried blood trails on my cheeks. I hurriedly walked into his bathroom, washed my face and grabbed a wash cloth for him. I looked over the doctor as he finishing buttoning up Rylan’s new shirt.

“What is happening to us?” I whispered, handing him the wash cloth.

“Your bodies are regenerating,” he mumbled, wiping away the trails of dried blood on Rylan’s face. “Werewolves can stay in both human and wolf form. All of us stay in our human forms in fear of the hunters. That is why our bodies evolved, letting the human blood dominate. The Royal Werewolves, your family, found a way to strengthen their werewolf blood and overpower their human blood. It’s their way of making sure they’re fit to rule over us. Some Royals are born with dominant werewolf blood while others are granted with it after mating. In your case, your body is slowly getting rid of the human blood and replacing it with the newly stronger werewolf blood.”

“That doesn’t make any sense! It was only till yesterday that I got to shift. Mind you, I partially shifted only!” I ran my hairs through my hair, feeling a migraine coming on. “And Rylan is not even of Royal Wolf descent! Why is he experiencing this?”

“That is because you are the child of a Royal and Guardian. Believe it or not, your mother was never your father’s true mate. In time, you will understand your family’s history. For now, I can only tell you that your body will continue to get rid of the human blood within you, until you have only about a few couple of drops left. Rylan is experiencing the changes because you have mated. Any of the powers you receive, he will too.”