7~Blue Butterfly

One day later:

(Y/N) awoke again. The sun was streaming through the window and she could hear birds chirping in the garden. This was a guest room apparently. It always smelled fresh and the windows brought in a wonderful breeze.

That morning (Y/N) felt very well rested, and her ankle was considerably less swollen. Even better, the bruises had faded to yellow and green instead of an ugly purple. Not that it didn't still look sickly.

The day before, Miss Peregrine hadn't let her out of the bed at all, and the only time anyone visited was to give her medicine or when Enoch asked if she was going to be staying. (Y/N) wasn't sure about him. She wanted to be friends, but he seemed to always push everyone away.

Good, a challenge.

(Y/N)'s boots were on the floor next to her bed, and she apparently had been borrowing Emma's nightgown. Although (Y/N) still had a slight headache, she really wanted to go outside today, so she planned on asking Miss Peregrine the next time she came. It was starting to feel like she was in solitary confinement. (A/N: Or a mandatory 'quarantine')

She wondered for the millionth time where Elise was, and why she wouldn't notice her absence. She hoped she was okay. She examined her ankle again and found that if she touched it lightly it wouldn't hurt, but if she pressed any harder, it would.

Just then, Miss Peregrine came in with breakfast. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, an apple, and a couple slices of bread sat on the plate. It was still steaming, and there was melted butter on the bread and potatoes. The bacon looked like it was the perfect balance between chewy and crisp. (Y/N) inhaled the wonderful scent. She wondered if everything was perfect here, because it sure seemed so.

"I brought you some tea as well," Miss P said, bringing it to the tray. "It should help with any lingering pain for a while."

   "Oh, yes, I seem to be doing a lot better now. Thank you so much for all of this," (Y/N) said, hoping that she could establish herself as healthy enough to go out before she asked: "Do you think that I might stroll the grounds? I haven't even seen the house yet. I want to know more about this place, and I could surely use the fresh air."

Hopefully Miss Peregrine would see it as a health benefit. It seemed as though risks usually outbalanced anything else for her. After all, her wards' safety was her number one priority.

  Miss P seemed to weigh it out in her head. After a bit, it seemed that she had decided that harm wouldn't likely come from a walk and she gave (Y/N) permission.

"Oh, all right. Just be very careful about your ankle. I shall collect a few things for you before you can go."

"Thank you so much!" (Y/N) exclaimed. Exploring would definitely help clear her head, and she would love fresher air and a bit of freedom. Miss Peregrine said that she was welcome and left to go downstairs.

  When Miss P came back up, she had a long walking stick and a sun bonnet. "Emma agreed to let you borrow a dress of hers, and Olive and Claire said they would fix your hair. If you don't mind of course." She handed (Y/N) the stick and hat. "It's going to be slightly warm out, and I don't need you getting a sunburn, so please don't stay out too long. Also, this is so you can walk correctly," she handed (Y/N) the stick, which she had just realized was some sort of 1940's forearm crutch.

"Of course not," she said in response to getting a sunburn. "And thanks again," she said.

Soon after Miss Peregrine left, Olive and Claire ran in.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" They both squealed as they helped her over to the vanity.

"Hello, girls," (Y/N) laughed. They brushed her hair with the utmost care, then proceeded to braid it, running around and switching places so much that (Y/N) got dizzy. Whenever (Y/N) tried to see what they were doing, they would shout "Don't look!" And she would laugh and say "Alright." Finally, when they finished, they said that she could look, and when she did, she was utterly shocked.

They had done such a beautiful job! When Miss P had said they would do her hair, she had never expected this. They had braided her (Y/H/C) hair around her head into a flower shape. Their tiny little fingers had seemed so incapable of it, but they'd had seventy years of practice to learn how. It was still amazing though.

"Oh, girls, this is wonderful!" (Y/N) exclaimed.

They giggled and told her "Get in your dress! You'll look so pretty!"

"Okay," (Y/N) laughed, still shaking her head in disbelief. Maybe whomever had done Claire's hair had taught them? She got behind a dressing screen and put on the nice white dress that she was to borrow, and the girls squealed and ran her to the mirror when they saw her. The dress really brought out her (Y/E/C) eyes and the whole thing was beautiful.

Bronwyn, noticing the racket, looked in and smiled. "Good work, girls," she said proudly. They blushed and giggled.

"Are they always this good?" (Y/N) asked.

"You should see their dolls," Bronwyn's answer caused (Y/N)'s jaw to drop. They can do better than this?! she thought.

  "Well, thank you so much girls. I think I'll go outside now," (Y/N) told them.

Bronwyn led them out and (Y/N) put on her hat, picked up the crutch and went downstairs to go outside. Getting down the steps was a bit difficult, but it was worth it if she got to explore.

  "Oh, hullo Miss." It was Emma, who was the first to see her as she entered the sitting room.

"Hi," (Y/N) said. "I just wanted to thank you for letting me borrow your dress. Oh, um...also, how do I get outside?" (Y/N) hadn't really thought about that; she was too occupied with wanting to get out.

"You're very welcome," Emma smiled. "And the door is just over there." She showed (Y/N), who quickly went on her way.

When she finally got outside, the first thing (Y/N) did was limp over to one of the topiaries. It was really beautiful. It was shaped like a centaur, and she couldn't help but wonder if Fiona had grown it. There were gorgeous flowers surrounding it, and a nice stone bench sat beside it. (Y/N) saw a blue butterfly fly across her vision. It seemed to be the same type as the one from on the boat. She smiled and turned while watching it.

  There was the boy.

"Oh," said (Y/N), surprised. "I see you decided to wear clothes today."

Hi guys! Thanks so much for reading! It means a lot to me. If you have time, please check out some of the stories I posted from seventh grade. It'll show how far I've come as a writer. Thanks guys! Please vote!