12~Timeless Tabby

(Y/N) cleared her throat. "I'm right here," she said, finally getting to relax her powers and turn visible again.

"H-how did you do that?" Millard asked, uncharacteristically surprised. The tabby darted off into the bushes.

"It's part of my peculiarity," (Y/N) replied, laughing. "I can make things visible, so I guess I can do the opposite too."

"Oh. That makes sense I suppose, but how is it that you figured it out?" He wondered.

"I didn't—you and Miss Peregrine basically told me," (Y/N) answered. "What're you writing?" she asked, glancing at the notebook.

"I'm taking notes. I have nearly finished compiling a complete account of this day as experienced by every human and animal on this island," he answered excitedly.

"That sounds amazing! I hope I didn't ruin it now that the cat is gone."

"Well, I have forever and a day to finish this book, so I suppose it doesn't really matter. I can always come back tomorrow," he shrugged and grinned.

"Oh, okay. So what are you going to do now?" (Y/N) asked, suspecting that she had just ruined the day's plans.

   "Well, I suppose I can just go to the library and finish researching cats like that one," he said, walking toward the house.

"What's so special about tabby cats?" (Y/N) inquired.

"It's not just cats. There are some animals on this island of which I believe may have the ability to slip through the time loop," he answered.

   "So, peculiar animals?" That sounded interesting.

"That may be. While I was noting that the tabby entered the woods at 7:32 AM, I realized that the cat wasn't here last time when I was studying a raccoon. See," he said, opening to a page in his neatly written notebook.

"The raccoon jumped from the birch tree over there and landed almost exactly where the cat should've been moments before. There's no way that I could miss that."

"Was that some kind of anomaly then?" (Y/N) asked.

Millard flipped through some pages. "Here, at 7:31 the pig tries to jump over a fence, and today, the cat appeared in front of it, scaring it from attempting to again. Some of the sheep may be like that too, and who knows what other animals. Between 8:00 and 10:00 AM is when the abnormalities occur most frequently."

   "Hmm. Well, the cat you were studying looked a lot like the one that brought me here in the first place. I was chasing it until that "wight" found me," (Y/N) commented.

   "Strange. Yet another thing to research," he mused. "Well, we're here, so you can go off to whatever business you have to attend to." They stopped at the door.

"Actually, I want to help research that cat, if you don't mind. I want to know why it was wandering around my room. Plus, you still have to finish the stalking conversation," (Y/N) looked at him sternly.

   "Fine," he rolled his eyes. "If you insist, but-"

"Nope! No buts! I want to know what you all were doing, and why that cat was there," (Y/N)  insisted, dragging him by the arm into the library.

   "Ugh!" He whined. "Wait, how did you even know the library was here?"

   "No stalling! We are going to sit down and talk about this."

   "What about the research?"

"We can multitask!" (Y/N) said, pulling some books down from the shelves...

  Yay! I finished! I also put up my pic of the MPHFPC shirt and hair clips that I got for Easter! I know that this chapter isn't all that exciting or action-packed, but I suddenly came up with the whole cat thing, so yeah. Anyway, thanks for reading, and please go check out my friend Cas_is_trash 's books and maybe even some of my short stories! Hope to see y'all soon.

XD guys, I was just looking up synonyms for "anomaly," when guess what word came up– yep, "peculiarity."