Nightmares and Shizuo's Voice

Shizuo POV

"Nightmares." It was a whisper, it was so quiet I strained to hear it. But I held him close and tried to comfort him. He took some deep breaths and then pulled away, wiping some tears away and shaking his head. "No. I-I'm fine." He murmered, reminding himself strongly. "I have work to do anyway. I've been away for too long." He explained referring to his depression. I glared at him heatedly.

"You needed and still need a break. Don't you dare stay up till three in the morning working." I threatened. Izaya seemed to shrink back a little bit, like a little kid caught doing something bad and is in trouble. I huffed and shuffled his raven hair. He immediately whined in frustration, beginning to try and fix his messy hair. I chuckled at his expression and went back to the fridge grabbing a simple ham and cheese sandwich on a very soft wheat bread. I went back over to in front of Izaya, who had fixed his hair and I noticed him glaring at the sandwich in dread. "Izaya." I huffed, knowing what he was thinking. "You need to eat." I repeated from my previous lecture. Izaya sighed looking to the side. "Please?" I asked sweetly. "Don't make me use the airplane trick." I teased smirking. That got a laugh from him as he looked at me. But the happy moment was short lived as I handed him the sandwich and his face immediately fell. I sighed but knew that this was best for him. He looked at me once before knowing that I was going to make him eat and he unwrapped the sandwich, taking a small bite out of it. I watched him carefully, making sure that he was actually eating it. He was, and I smiled encouragingly. He sighed and began eating it, only eating a quarter before setting it down and pushing it away. "That's good." I praised smiling. Izaya huffed.

"I'm not a kid Shizu." He complained glaring at me. I nodded in agreement.

"I know. I just want to know that you're really okay." I admitted brushing some hair away from his face. A soft pink blush appeared on his cheeks and he looked away from me, unable to make eye contact. I chuckled and pulled him close to me. He wrapped his legs around my waist and I picked him up. He giggled and nuzzled into my neck. We stayed in the embrace for a couple of moments before I realized that we were still soaking wet from standing in the rain when I was trying to get Izaya down. "We should probably change huh?" I asked and he giggled and nodded in agreement. I took him to the bedroom and carried him to the bathroom setting him down. "I'll be back later." I told him, walking out back into the bedroom. He nodded in agreement and closed the bathroom door. I grabbed Izaya's room key and walked out of the apartment. I had to go shopping and get clothes to wear.

Izaya POV

While Shizuo was gone, I had a shower and got dressed in some comfortable black jeggings and a black V-neck short sleeved shirt. I then went back into the bathroom to grab my soaked clothes and when I saw myself in the mirror I groaned. I looked terrible. Tired with dark circles under my eyes, my skin was pale white, and I was dangerously skinny. I sighed and shook my head. "He must be perfect to love me when I look like this. Ugh." I mumbled staring at the sad reflection in front of me. I took out my makeup set and put foundation on and concealer under my eyes, hiding the dark circles. Already I looked a lot better. I then took out my black eyeliner and lined my eyelids and waterline. "Much better." I agreed with myself as I looked in the mirror. I picked up my clothes and threw them in the wash. I then clicked on the TV and made green tea for the both of us. It was a little bit sweet for me, but I still enjoyed it, so I made two cups and set them on the coffee table as I sat on the couch watching the news. After a while it was weather and I began fiddling with my phone, seeing if anything was interesting. Nothing really as I grabbed my tea and sipped at it, still watching my phone anyways. The door then opened and Shizuo walked in carrying some clothes. I giggled and looked up to him. "Hey." I called.

"Oh. Hi Iza. Woah...... did you put on makeup?" He asked tilting his head at me. I laughed, 'I guess he is a little observant.' I thought.

"Yeah. Just a bit. I looked awful!" I exclaimed laughing at myself.