Realization and Relationship

Izaya POV

A couple of days had passed since the possessing incident and I had been secretly working. I knew that Shizuo would be upset if he found out, but it was keeping my mind at ease and it gave me something to do. A couple of clients had asked for some stupidly simple information to get, and I was working them. I wasn't doing anything dangerous because I knew that I was still too unstable, especially concerning the devil. I sent some of my minions to pick up the money and they sent it into a trail of making it's way to me. It had been good so far, but I still made precautions in case someone decided to betray me. I was looking through my growing pile of messages, when one in particular caught my eye. The client wanted information on me. Izaya Orihara. This was interesting, considering that I could easily find a way to kill whoever had the balls to ask that. But....... then again....... it was a new game. My eyes lit up in a mischievous glimmer, even though I knew I might be caught by Shizuo or this mysterious man, that was part of the thrill of a new game wasn't it? I had been out of the loop for far too long. I had to make a statement by playing a dangerous game once more. And besides, I would be careful, considering it had something to do with me. They seemed utterly clueless to the fact that I, the information broker, was Izaya Orihara. This was hilarious to me simply for the fact that everyone in the city knew that. I must be dealing with someone from out of city. I thought to myself, my excitement only growing inside me. Dealing with anyone outside the city was always a bit interesting, considering that you had no idea where they lived to track them if needed. I thought about this for a moment as I glanced around my surroundings. I was sitting in bed, leaning against the headboard as Shizuo thought I was still asleep and was busy making breakfast in the kitchen. He had been sleeping on the couch for the past couple of days, and strangely when he wasn't threre my nightmares got worse. I ignored that however. Technically I wasn't lying, I was still half asleep without coffee. I twiddled my thumbs in circles around eachother as I thought about this potential client. I really should talk to Shizuo about this, but winning this game might show him that I was strong enough to not need his help. I know he was trying to help me, but I didn't need constant help. I was strong enough now to take care of myself. I began to reply to him, accepting this game of secrecy. I negotiated my terms and then said I would begin to gather information. I then closed my phone and lay down with the covers over me as I heard footsteps coming down the hall. Shizuo crept into the room, trying to be careful not to wake me. He set the food tray on the beside table and sat down beside me. He sighed and pet my head softly before beginning to shake me gently. "Izaya?" He called quietly, and I opened my eyes slowly.

"Mnnhmm? Shizu-chan....." I hummed sleepily.

"Hey." He greeted softly. "It's time to get up. I made you food." He explained. I groaned softly and closed my eyes again, letting out a huff of air. "And......coffee" He added, bribing me to get out of bed. I opened one eye, looking at him curiously. He chuckled and sat me up handing me my coffee and I sipped it slowly.

"You're a wonderful housewife Shizu." I teased, smirking as I sipped my coffee once more. He laughed and shook his head.

"I'm not your stupid housewife flea." He replied, rolling his eyes. I stared at him in suprise, he hadn't called me Flea in a while, and it wasn't angry like it usually was. Strangely, it was almost endearing. I smiled at that and looked up to him from behind my coffee cup. He sighed and stood from his place sitting on my bed. He walked out to the living room and I could sense that something was up. I set my cup down on the tray and stood, I picked up the tray and walked to the dining table, setting it down there. I'll eat later. I thought as I walked over and sat beside Shizuo, who was watching TV at the moment on the couch.

"What's up Shizu-chan?" I asked curiously, tilting my head and looking at him, ready to listen.

"Huh? Oh nothing. I'm fine. Why?" He replied, I knew he was lying though. I had been around him long enough to notice the difference.