**Chapter 18 - Day In & Day Out: The Aquarium

||Pius||

"Pius, Hurry up." Xavier shouts from the entrance of the Aquarium. I whip my head up, shooting a venom-filled look in his direction that shows the severity of my temperament and refocus my attention back to what I was doing.

It didn't take us long to reach the aquarium. Like usual, Xavier used his people-charm on Valeria and won her over in a matter of minutes. Now imagine the replications of that; getting ignored, wallowing in my rejection alone. It was like I stopped existing. As if I just vanished from the surface of the earth. Probably I vanished, kidnapped by aliens from other planets or something.

How I wish that were true.

I hate being brushed aside, maybe because I have or am always the center of attention. I don't have to put in a lot of effort for people to like me. Except for one person, that is. And my brother stole my thunder and that somehow made me a tidbit grumpy. Okay, not a tidbit because I'm exploding from anger.

I've been taking my time so annoyingly slow with everything I did due to the grouchiness and right now I'm slackening behind, locking and unlocking the door, releasing the frustration on the poor thing for something it didn't do.

Who would've thought I would be such a mope-r.

I finally give up the meaningless action and shut the door with a loud thud for the last time and lock it.

This time for real.

I puff heavily and start moving towards them.

Xavier gets all beaming, jumping in one place—clapping his hands in joy. The excitement plastered on his face erases the nonmeaningful frustration I am harboring. Just the hope, the expectation. Everything. It's something priceless and I can't take that away from him.

The aquarium is as full as it is every day. The locals and the tourists have come out in large numbers to see the wonders of marine life found in the Cold Benguela current of the coast of Southern Africa. The blissful happiness I'm seeing is not only on Xavier face but every kid that's present.

"Are you done mopping?" Xavier asks me when I catch up with them.

I snort, "I'm. Not. Mopping." I grit between my teeth, glaring at him in turn.

"Oh, and what was it you were doing exactly? Opening and closing the door like a madman that has finally gone off the wagon of mental stability."

"God, you're so annoying sometimes."

"And you are such a kid sometimes." He retorts.

"Hey, I'm your older brother. Act like it and show me the respect that's due." I snap at him.

"And I'm your younger brother. Act like it and show me the patience that's due." He snaps back.

"You think I'm impatient with you?" I look at him with hurt. I can't believe he thinks that after everything I've done for him. Like, fucking really?

He huffs and storms inside the Aquarium, leaving us all stranded outside.

I can't believe this.

"Let's go." I look at Valeria, only to find her standing with a goofy smile.

"What?"

"Nothing. Never thought I would see this side of you." She looks at me.

"What side? I don't have sides." I chuckle with a soft smile gracing my lips. She cocks an eyebrow in a sexy way that just makes me want to kiss her dumb.

"Okay. Probably. Just a little. But what do you mean by 'sides'?"

"I don't know. I mean, this..." she trails off looking for a word. I tilt my head to the side, encouraging her or whatever. "Uhm, I mean... just this adorable side." An involuntary laugh escapes my lips. She didn't just call me—Pius Starke—adorable.