You set down all your shopping bags on the counter top and sauntered over to switch on the lights.

As the lights flickered on, your eyes landed on the lingerie bag that stood out prominently among all the others.

You were prepared to win back your man's heart.

It was as though this was God planned, the door bell rang.

You raised an eyebrow, "Was Taehyung supposed to be home this early?"
Nonetheless, you hurried towards the door in anticipation.

The door clicked opened and there stood Jimin, to your disappointment. "Are you going to let me in or what?" Jimin chuckled, folding his arms.

"Yeah— of course, come on in." Pushing open the door a little wider, you stepped aside to let Jimin in to your house whilst trying to conceal your slight disappointment.

"I see you went a little nuts over at the mall," Jimin raised an eyebrow and commented, curiously peeking at the numerous bags on the counter top.

You shrugged, indicating that it was your way of relieving stress.

"How're you doing?" He asked, stepping into the kitchen before reaching for a glass to pour himself some water.

That caught you off guard and you completely didn't know the answer to that. How are you doing? Are you okay? You had absolutely no idea.

Forcing a smile onto your face, you decided that it was best if you just answered his question quick, before he could continue to probe any more.

"Are you—"
"—Yeah, I'm fine. Don't need to worry about me." You cut him off, looking elsewhere before he could detect that you were lying.

Jimin scoffed. He walked up to you and your eyes flickered to meet his. "Well then, what's all these?" He pointed to your wastepaper basket, filled to the brim with crushed beer cans and most likely tear stained tissues.

"Or that?"
He was referring to the different bottles of unfinished alcohol you had on the other end of the countertop. You didn't bother placing them back into the cupboard because you knew you needed them sooner or later.

"Jesus Christ, stop lying to me. I care about you, okay?" Jimin stepped nearer to you aggressively, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I care so much more than I should," He mumbled, sighing in defeat.

Before you got a chance to fully understand what he meant by that, a loud sigh escaped his lips. "He called me back today."

You felt like you couldn't move that very second. Everything felt like a blur.

"Taehyung, he— he's staying at her house, it's why he didn't come home these few days."

Jimin's words sounded heavier than it should. You felt like the weight on your shoulders just got a thousand times worse compared to the worry you felt when he was gone.

Why is it when you had finally found him, you wish you hadn't?

Collapsing onto the chair behind you, you started breathing heavily. Your legs were numb, your vision was blurry and you couldn't think straight at all.

"How could he?" Was the only thing that seemed to bounce of the walls of your mind. "How could he do this to me?" You spoke your thoughts, throwing Jimin off guard.

All Jimin could do was blink in sheer astonishment. Yes, he saw this coming but still he didn't know exactly what to do. He couldn't deny it, he couldn't deny the fact that his own best friend was a cheater.

Without words, he tugged your arm and pulled you into an embrace. And when he started to hear your soft sobs, when he felt his shirt getting wet, a wave of pity washed over him.

Before he could verbally comfort her, the doorknob jiggled and in came Taehyung.