ONE MONTH AGO

+

It was a cold night. The skies were dark and low, the air was so chilled it hurt to breathe. Jimin jostled through the crowd, on his way to his girlfriend's house with supper for the both of them. He bought her favourite — tteokbokki and kimbap.

It was late in the night but the streets were still bustling. Signboards flashed before him and he could hear the thumping music from the clubs a few streets away.

Smiling to himself, his pace quickened as he imagined her reaction once she saw him.

They weren't supposed to meet today.

She told him that she had work to do but Jimin brought it upon himself to surprise his girlfriend.

He was that kind of person — always wanting to give more than he receives, always taking the extra step to make sure that his girl was happy.

It always warmed his heart to see her face light up whenever Jimin surprised her. He loved the glint in her round eyes and how they would stare at him lovingly, turning into cute crescents whenever she broke into a smile. The way she made him feel was special — every second with her felt like pure bliss and Jimin would feel butterflies erupting out of his guts whenever they were together.

He never loved anyone he way he loved her.

Jimin let out a soft sigh and continued on his way, the slight curve on his lips still visible.

The gravel under his shoes crunched as he walked over towards the door. Shivering in the cold air, he held the food in one hand and punched in the passcode to the door with another.

Beep!

Jimin made sure to shut the door behind him before taking off his shoes and placing them on the rack. He caught a familiar looking pair of Converse Highs in the corner of his eye and wondered to himself if she had a guest over.

"What the hell..." He squinted in disdain and mumbled to himself.

Setting the food onto the countertop, Jimin headed to the stairs.

His eyebrows were knitted together in confusion, and he was wondering why she didn't tell him about having someone over at her house. Even so, what was the person doing upstairs?

The stairs creaked under his weight with every step but he was only halfway up when he heard a man's voice.

"A-Ah... Fuck yes, baby."
That deep, husky voice which was all so familiar.

Jimin froze in his steps. The temperature seemed to have fallen a few more degrees, he found it harder to breathe with every second passing. He felt as if his heart was about to jump out of his throat. Eyes flickering around the hallway, Jimin saw the door of her room ajar and the light streaming out.

Please. No.

Sucking in a sharp breath, he made his way slowly towards the door and pushed it open.

His eyes went wide as hands left the door knob, dropping lifelessly to his side. Jimin's form went limp. He felt his stomach churn and the nausea swirl.

He stopped dead in his tracks and took in the sight in front of him.

Jimin watched as his girlfriend got off her knees and pushed Taehyung onto the bed, proceeding to straddle him. They were making out, his presence completely unknown to them.

Jimin pushed the door open wider and stepped into the room, making the hinges squeak in the midst of their moans.

"Fuck! Hyung, what the fuck are you doing here?" Taehyung exclaimed in pure shock, pushing the girl to the side and standing up from the edge of bed, zipping up his pants in a hurry.