"Baby, I can explain." Taehyung said as he looked at you in exasperation.

You could only let out a dry chuckle at his attempt to possibly salvage this relationship.

"Are you serious? Taehyung-ah, why —no, how could you have thought that it was okay to sleep at another woman's house and not come home for days?" You stepped closer to him, furrowing your eyebrows in pure confusion.

Taehyung ran a hand through his tousled hair. "I know how this must look."

"Oh, you think?" You felt like you were on the verge of going crazy.

He sighed. "I messed up, baby, I know. I'm sorry—"
"Sorry doesn't cut it, Taehyung!" You screamed in hysteria, flinging the wine glass on the countertop in his direction.

He stared at you in disbelief and it almost looked like there was a hint of remorse in his eyes. "Baby, calm down, okay?" He cooed, inching towards you cautiously.

"Do you think you can calm down if you find me sleeping with someone else? Not just once, but on multiple occasions. And if you had to find out through someone else? It's pathetic." You shut your eyes and laughed at how stupid you probably looked to other people who knew of Taehyung's infidelity.

You hated the fact that every time you shut your eyes, fragments of your imagination piece together and show you images of your own boyfriend cheating on you.

"Do you know how difficult it was for me to get up everyday, knowing in the back of head that you're probably waking up with another girl? Or do you know how I sat alone at home crying, knowing that you have your arms around someone else? I slept at night knowing you're sleeping with someone else..."

You opened your eyes and there stood Taehyung, staring down at the ground.
"I... I'm sorry." His voice cracked and it sounded as if he was in as much pain as you were.

Could he possibly be genuinely sorry for what he has done?
For just a split second, your heart softened and you considered forgiving him there and then.

But you snapped out of it and could almost hear yourself scoff under your breath.

"Who have you been sleeping with?"

Taehyung looked up, eyes glossy and lips pressed into a straight line.

"Some girls from the club..." He mumbled, touching his forehead in distress from having to come clean with you.

Your heart shattered. Tears welled up in your eyes and you felt your nails digging into your palm as your fist clenched tighter.

"Who's Areum?" You asked again, recalling the tense exchange between Jimin and Taehyung earlier on.

He sucked in a deep breath before speaking.

"Jimin's ex,"

Your eyes widened.

What?

+
(a/n) hey guys i'm so sorry i left this story here to rot for so long LOL it's literally been 2/3 years... i can't even

i'm trying to start writing again, kinda having a writer's block hence the short chapter. hope you guys liked the plot twist lols next chapter will probably be up next week!

thank you all for the upvotes and comments and reads! ♥️