Chapter29

Much to our pleads we soon got our response, my dads made it out. He's still not ready to be seen by family but they said he'd out of the critic state.

We've spend the whole night in the hospital. Nicholas never leaving my side, only to go get me coffee. Delilah and I were in a state of shock . Liam volunteered to go get us some essentials, like a tooth brushes and shirts to change. We decided not to leave the hospital until they allow us in to see my father.

At around 01:00 a doctor comes our way and calls out my fathers name so we all stood up.
"You're his family?" The doctor asks.
"Yes we're his daughters, how is he now?" I ask.

"He's in a regular state and out of danger, you can come and see him, but be quiet as he's sleeping with the effect of medicine and we want him to get all the sleep he can have" the doctor explains and he gestured, giving up the green light to finally get in and see my father.

I hug Delilah and enter the room with her by my side.
There he laid on bed, upon getting closer I can see his face flushed of all colors. A tear escaped my eye but I refuse to cry, at least not around him.
Delilah and I held each of his hands and we were silently having a conversation with him. I know I was.
Then I kissed his forehead.
"You're not gonna leave us so soon!"
And I excused my self to get out and talk to Nicholas and Liam outside.
I told them about his state and that he's sleeping it was all better now. I am very grateful. I told them that they could leave to rest, I know they haven't got any and they have work responsibility.

Father has slept for two days straight, today they'll wake him up and if his state was in a normal state he'll get discharged the next day.

"I know this must be hard on you but don't worry, your father is in safe hands" says the Doctor assigned to dad as he asked us to leave the room for sometime. We did just that and went to the cafeteria to get some drinks.
I get a call from Nicholas saying his at the hospital. I'm very grateful to have him around.

"I'm still not used to seeing you together" Delilah said looking at her cup of coffee.
"Are you bothered by it? I can ask him to not come" I ask concerned.
"No no! I'm just talking my mind out, don't worry" she answers.
We then head back to my fathers room and knock on the door. We hear a come in soon after.
"Dad your awake!" I couldn't contain my happiness, Delilah runs to his bed quickly.
"You don't scare me like that ever again" Delilah cries holding his hand.
"Shh! I won't" he spoke softly with a raspy voice, so I reach for a cup of water and a straw by his bed and help him drink some water. It's been more than two days that he spent sleeping.

The next day Father got out of the hospital but doctors' orders were that he rests for a week observing his case. Doctor said that Dad was just tired he must be working a lot and seeing that he's not his young self anymore his body couldn't take it.

At home I've organized a small gathering, a welcome party if you may.
Everyone came, by everyone I mean our friends.
Nicholas was being next to me and helping me if around. Him being around me when my father is sick is the time I needed him the most...
"My father heard about what happened and he's here to see your Father" Nicholas whispered in my ears.
"He is? Where?" I asked looking for Mr.Harris.
"He's at the gate"
"Let go greet him" I take the lead and go to the reception of our house.

"Welcome Mr.harris" I greet him.
"Oh sweety, I'm sorry about what happened how is your dad doing now?" He asked concern written on his face, and holding by my shoulders.
"Oh he's better you can come see him yourself" I say and lead him to the room my dad was currently in. He wasn't with the guest because he still can't be around noise.
"Father Mr.harris is here to see you!" I say with Mr.harris at my side.
"You can call me Harris"
My father tried to get up but I quickly stoped him.
"Oh no you don't have to stand" Harris starts "I heard what happened and came as soon as I could, we're practically family now" he finishes laughing a very deep, throaty laugh.

I excused my self and left them alone. I don't know at what time exactly did Nicholas leave my side but he wasn't here now.
I went to find him.