Chapter 16: Coming back

"Hi wake up!" It's time to get ready.
It was 03:00 am in the morning. and I'm here waking up Delilah so we can be it on time.
The flight leave at 05:00 am.
Delilah got up quietly, and went to get ready, I made coffee and joined her to get ready myself.
But I find her crying.

"Why are you crying now?" I ask smiling, I know exactly why she's crying. It's always the same scenario.
"I really want you to come home, it's always hard this goodbye part" she says.
I get closer to her and whisper.
"I'm going home with you"

********************************************

We arrive later that same day, but because of the time difference and the trip it self we were tired so we head to sleep right after arriving.

Of course Delilah, had informed everyone of my arrival and already made plans for us the moment we wake up, up to god knows when.
She's been waiting for this forever.
As in for me.
Home feels like home, it's like I never left.
I miss everything, but I've changed, everything feels familiar and foreign, and I kinda like that.

We slept for around 4 hours and we wake up so much better than the state we slept in.
At least now I can meet people.

"So first I have to do my hair, then we're meeting Liza and Jenna. Jenna has a date with David " Delilah being her energized self always informs me of the plan.

I've always hoped one of us would date one of our male friends so I was happy with this.
"That sounds great "
My dad just made a sound and said:
"Everyone is dating everyone ."
We were all sitting around the table.
Just like old days.
The blessed times.
"Don't worry old man, If you feel lonely we can always adopt a dog or something to keep you company " he just laughed at that and continued checking his phone.

I got up and went upstairs, I wore black pants with a crop top. Just something casual, as I was in my Pajamas.
I then head to the door.

Again Delilah is already waiting for me inside the car.
We decided to meet Liza and Jenna then go to the salon together.

"So you and David huh ?" I say to Jenna.
"I guess news travels fast, what do you think? I mean I've always liked him but I've never seen him as a boyfriend"
"Well you can't always expect everything" I tell her when Delilah cuts in.

"Omg all of you girls need to date so we can go on dates together. it'll be fun!" I can see my sister already making date plans in her head.

"let us just focus on you guys for now" Liza said and I nodded in agreement.

"Delilah's right you should start dating "  Jenna said turning to me now " I mean you've never had a boyfriend and I bet you've never even ..." Delilah stopped Jenna  mid-sentence.

"Ahum! let's just stop it at that, she's a beautiful women and I think she just haven't found 'the one' yet"

They are right as much as I hate to admit it.
It's just that I never had the nerves to actually date after what happened. I think my sister knows that already.
We gave Jenna some tips on what to wear and which colors to avoid, then we said our goodbyes and left.
We had our plan our selves.
Delilah told me, Nicholas is inviting us over at his place for a welcome dinner.

Together Delilah and I, we went to the hair salon.
Delilah decided to wear her hair up.
I decided to just dye it a few shades lighter.
I've always wanted to change my hair color and now was the perfect occasion.
After about 2 hours we were done.
Checking my self in the mirror "perfect " I say to my self.
"Let's head home we need to get ready"
We went back home to get dressed.

I had a few dresses to choose from but I've already made up my mind on one dress.
It's long in a light shade of purple, with straps on the side area making it seem sexy but yet not showing too much.

After I finished getting ready.
I checked my self in the mirror.
looking at my hair falling on both my sides, the light color really suits me.
I finished the look with nude color lipstick as I also made my eyes a little  smoky.
Actually  Delilah did my make up she said she knew what we'll look great on me.
After she did hers and wore her sexy black dress. We descended downstairs.
My dad was in his suit, and he looked ravishing, he always knew how to work a suit.

"Wow girls you're making me turn into this emotional old guy" his eyes tearing up for real.
"Dad!" And went and hugged him.

"It's really not her wedding day, I know she made it seem like it, but just save up those tears" I joke which got me some laughs in return.

"Come on! stop you're gonna ruin our make up and you are going to make us late" said Delilah pointing at me then dad.
We got into the car and the driver drove us off.
On our way,  I felt the road being familiar but I just didn't know why.
I was lost in my own thoughts until Delilah besides me informed me we where here.

I got off the car.
I looked around the house it seemed dark but familiar, now it's starting to click but I still don't want to believe it.
Delilah took my hand and headed towards the door, an old maid opened the door and welcomed us.

"Mr.Nicholas is coming down right away you just get comfortable in the living room"
My mind was all over the place I don't wanna assume anything.
Maybe he bought the house from the other guy right ? What are the chances?
I need to calm down.

"Welcome darling, I missed you!"
Delilah ran up to him and he pecked her on the lips and rested his hands on her waist.
Then they both came towards my dad.

"Nicholas this is my Father Gerard Evans "
Delilah introduces my father.
"yes, hello sir we've met in so many professional occasions before"
"Call me Gerard, this is not one of those professional occasions" my dad greets him in return.

"Ah yes where is Bella ?"
Asking that question to Delilah.
I was standing far at the end of the room,
but then his eyes caught mine.
There was something.
It clicked. And I can sense something in his look.
We keep a straight eye contact, and he extends his hand and welcomes me.