20. Clouds

February 7th 2015, Sydney

"I'm so proud of you" Pat immediately hugged me as I arrived backstage, "you were incredible"

"Thank you" I grinned

"The crowd loved you Jade" Liam cut in and I grinned even more

"How long till you're on?" I asked the boys

"Fifteen minutes" Niall said

"I'll be watching you from the side of the stage" I smiled, "I'm very excited, it's my first One Direction concert" I winked

"The first of many" Louis smiled.

I, then, took a moment to look around at the craziness that was surrounding me. The boys all looked amazing, kind of nervous but excited at the same time. They weren't talking to each other, they were focusing and warming up their amazing voices. Around them, their friends and staff were chilling, not paying attention to what they were doing while I observed every little detail. In that moment I realized how many people would have paid to be in my place and felt really blessed. Shortly after, their manager entered the room and told them they needed to go. I wished them good luck and they left the dressing room, followed by their huge team.

As silence crept over, I actually realized what had just happened. In that moment I knew that singing and performing was what I lived for. Bliss: the word that summed up perfectly what I felt when I walked on stage and saw all the people, when I, unexpectedly, saw them singing along to some words, when I heard them screaming.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your daydream but the boys are gonna be on in ten minutes so I'd suggest you to freshen up" Lou winked "there's a shower in that bathroom and an outfit on the counter"

"Thank you so much" I blew a kiss at her

"We'll be waiting here for you" she said, alluding to Lottie and her.

I rushed to the bathroom since I wanted to see the show from the beginning. I showered and got dressed in literally five minutes and I joined Lou and Lottie. Somehow I convinced them to watch the show from the side of the stage, even if they wanted to go attend it from the audience, so we walked there and stood right where the boys had been watching me shortly before.

Lights went out and a clip of the boys appeared on the big screen. The members of their band walked to their equivalent instrument and, when the video stopped, they started playing and they boys walked on stage.

I immediately looked over at Harry and noticed he was looking at me. He opened the show and started singing,

"I know you said that you don't like it complicated, that we should try to keep it simple... but love is never ever simple"

He looked at me throughout the whole phrase and smirked at the end. I knew he had done it on purpose and that the lyrics were directed at me and at what I had told him. Lou probably noticed it and stared at me, to get my reaction, but I tried to keep it together.

"Fun lad, isn't he?" she gently elbowed me and I just laughed at her.

I enjoyed the show and it made me realize why everyone was so obsessed with them. Sure, their handsome looks helped them, but they were actually talented and pure guys. Watching them on stage was a pleasure, you could see they were having fun. Liam and Louis kept joking, Niall was the usual jerk I adored, Zayn sang his ass off and Harry... Harry was my favorite to watch. I could tell he was completely comfortable, having the time of his life, awkwardly dancing, jumping around, hitting all those notes, waving everybody, sassily joking and mocking his beloved fans. He looked over at me a few times and genuinely smiled. It made me happy to see him so content and joyful.

They sang Best Song Ever, thanked the crowd, said goodbye and ran backstage. As they left the stage, the girls and I were instructed to go to the dressing room by a security guard and while we were walking, I felt speechless at all the screaming fans we still could hear from backstage.

"Congratulations guys" Lottie yelled as we reached them and they all thanked her

"You were absolutely amazing boys" I admitted, grinning at them

"What was your favorite part?" Louis asked

"Probably your shoes" I joked, pointing at Harry and his silver boots

"Don't you like them?" he pretended to be hurt

"I do!" I laughed,  "they're unique" I smirked

"Jade, you're coming to a club with us" Niall said

"I appreciate you politely asking me if I wanted to, you're so kind" I teased and he gave me the middle finger before leaving to go shower.

After a while, they were all fresh and ready to go to this club they claimed to know. We exited from the back and left the venue in separate cars. We arrived at the club rather quickly and got in even quicker. We headed to the VIP booth and I noticed that the space was very dark, so it was very unlikely for people to recognize us. I sat on a couch and was swiftly joined by the curly haired boy, while his bandmates had their backs at us and were ordering drinks and talking to each other.

"Hi" I said to him and he just smiled and nodded

"You never said what your favorite part of the show was" he stated, looking down at his crossed hands

"Probably Where do broken hearts go"

"Oh really? Didn't you enjoy Clouds?" he smirked and bit the inside of his cheek, looking very sexy

"Yeah, that was a nice cheap shot, I didn't expect it" I nervously chuckled

"Cheap shot?" he faked to be surprised, "how dare you accuse me of such a thing?" he crossed his arms

"I don't know, you tell me" I said and I could tell he was caught off guard and I threw my head back laughing

"I enjoyed your performance too" he changed the subject, "Ain't my fault was pretty intriguing"

"Ohh, was it?"  I smirked

"Most definitely" he nodded

"And why's that?"

"There was this hot girl that was waving his hips and singing the words while looking at me" he smirked, "such a tease"

"The perks of being a sexy rockstar" I winked 

"Champagne is here" Niall, who looked already dizzy, interrupted us and handed me and Harry a glass each

"What's up with you two?" Harry asked as soon as Niall turned around and joined Louis in whatever he was doing with a bottle of Moet. I bursted out laughing,

"Seriously?" I kept giggling

"You look pretty close" he shrugged

"We are" I put my hand on his thigh without realizing it, "but we are nothing but good friends if that's what you're asking"

"I'm relieved" he chuckled, "things would have been awkward otherwise" he smirked

"Yeah" I murmured. I wasn't aware of what he meant by that, but, for some reason, I felt weird inside, "can I ask you something?" I asked and he nodded,

"Actually, never mind" I immediately realized that what I was going to ask would only kill the mood

"I'm curious now" he panted

"You can't always get what you want" I winked

"Trust me, you've already taught me that" he sighed

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind, forget it" he looked down and, as he said it, I unwittingly downed the whole glass of champagne.

------

Writer's note:

Thanks for reading this chapter! Let me know what you thought of it and if you liked it please vote :)

Did you watch Harry on SNL? He was absolutely amazing, wasn't he? I'm so proud of him!

Also, happy easter and I hope y'all have an amazing day x