92. Ever Since New York

April 15th 2017, New York

"I'm so excited for tonight!" Jack squealed as we were walking through the streets of New York with cups of coffee and bags in our hands, "I've never seen an SNL episode live and knowing that Harry's performing makes it even more thrilling," 

"That reminds me, it's 5.30 so we need to go," I replied, "he's been on edge all week with everything that's been going on,"

"Can you blame him though?" he chuckled, "it's been one hell of a week for him... the single, Robin not feeling too well, and now SNL..." 

"No, I totally get it," I nodded, "I just wanna head there so I can stay with him as much as I can," 

"Let's go then, lady" he pulled his sunglasses down and walked ahead as quickly as he could. 

We were, indeed, in New York because Harry was performing that night for the first time ever as a solo artist and there was no way I was going to miss that. Besides that, Harry had specifically asked me to go with him because he was obviously extremely nervous and having me there made him feel better. I was also glad I could be there because I was kind of worried about him. I knew he was happy and proud of himself and I was aware that he had been used to living under a lot of pressure in the past, but I didn't want him to break down without even realizing it like he had in 2015 due to all the stress he was going through. 

"Jade, I didn't know you'd be joining us so soon!" Clare exclaimed as we were walking through one of the main corridors, 

"Clare, hi!" I said as I quickly hugged her, "this is my best friend, Jack," I introduced him to her, "Jack, this is Clare, the sweetest girl ever and Harry's pianist,"

"It's nice to meet you," Jack shook her hand, 

"You too," she smiled, "come with me, I was just getting a green tea but we're all in Harry's dressing room," she said so we just followed her. I was happy Harry had met every member of his band because knowing that he was surrounded by incredibly talented and kind-hearted people made me feel relaxed. Even if I had known them for a little while, I loved each one of them, but if I had to pick my favorite out of them all, it would have to be Clare. She was just the most chilled girl I had ever met, you could talk to her about anything, she knew how to calm everyone down and, from what Harry had told me, she was also extraordinary at giving advice too. 

"Good afternoon," I felt two arms wrapping around my waist from behind and a kiss on my cheek, "I'm glad you're already here," 

"Hi," I turned around and pecked his lips, "how are you feeling?"

"Good, good," he nodded, "I'm actually kinda shitting my pants..." he admitted, making everybody burst out laughing, 

"You know..." Adam, Harry's bassist, said, "it's our first big performance in front of people... so you should be comforting us, not telling us you're more scared than us," he laughed, 

"That is very true, my friend," Harry laughed, "we're gonna kill it, guys" 

"It clearly came straight from his heart, guys" Jack said, making everybody laugh even more,

"Look who's here! Jade Evans herself," we heard a voice coming from the door, I looked up and saw Jimmy Fallon with a funny look on his face. I greeted him and, since I had been interviewed by me a few times, we chatted for a while before he informed us that Harry needed to go rehearse with his band for the last time before the show, so they all headed towards the stage while Jack and I stayed back in the huge dressing room since Harry wanted us to be surprised that night. 

"You and Harry Styles, huh?" Jimmy smirked, "I would have never guessed," 

"What can I say? He's just too handsome," I giggled