Chapter 16

"You don't remember us?" mother frowned, not letting my hand go from her clutch

With a subtle pout, I shook my head; looking down on my lap. I was ten back then; turning eleven, they said. I just woke up, seeing white walls and several tubes attached to me. Bandages were wrapped around my different body parts and I, did not know how to react to them.

I was clueless.

I was clueless about everything around me.

"Why am I here? Who are you?" I asked with confusion evident in my voice

I pleaded for answers since day-one. They were given to me but I did not feel complete at all.

"[Y/N], I'm your mother. He's your father. It was all an accident, sweetie." mom said, engulfing me in a hug

I was hesitant at first but I hugged her back nonetheless. My father just watched with a frown plastered on his face, comforting my mother after breaking from the hug.

They told me that they were happy that I finally woke up after two months; but I was confused because I did not know what was happening.

Not until I found out that I had been in a car crash and I lost all my memories.

I sighed, sitting up from my bed. Closing my eyes for peace, I stopped reminiscing a memory after the accident. I only realized that my parents did not expand on the car crash. They simply said that I was in a car crash and that was it.

Namjoon must be right.

They did not tell me everything, after all. Opening my eyes, I hugged my knees closer to my chest. I remembered being devastated about going to several therapy sessions while I could not cope with it. Finally, after a year, mother had Sejun and I created new memories with him.

I let my back fall on the bed, staring at the ceiling before my eyes. After eight years, questions were still often asked in my head. It would be nice if I had my memories back but I remembered nothing.

"[Y/N], Namjoon's downstairs." I heard our maid say while knocking

With dull-clouded eyes, a sigh escaped my lips.

"I'll be there." I piped, getting up from my bed

Stumbling on my feet, I proceeded down the huge hallways, twirling in a circle just to keep me distracted from my buzzing thoughts. I lazily went down the staircase, almost dragging my feet as I walked to the backyard.

Namjoon liked getting fresh-air with me every single time and heading towards the backyard would be the smartest thing I had ever done; in terms of searching for him. I grew accustomed to his likings and I guess my parents would be proud with me if only they knew.

Seeing his tall figure just by the lanai, a smirk crept to my face. With his back faced to me, I sneakily tiptoed towards him, approaching subtly and carefully. I bit my bottom lip to stop my growing smile, getting ready to pounce on him from the back.

"Boo!" I exclaimed, surprising him— well, tried to surprise him— with my hands on his shoulders

He just gave me a straight face, clearly unamused with my attempt of putting him in a state of shock.

"Very funny, [Y/N]." he deadpanned

I pouted, having my feet flat on the floor again. I had to stand on my tiptoes just to surprise him and I did not even succeed.

"What brings you here?" I said, smiling slightly

I got a slight chuckle out of him before he removed his gaze from me.

"I just want to check if you're doing okay." he stated

I raised an eyebrow as I plastered a bemused expression. I would be lying if I said that I did not have a lot of questions to ask Namjoon.

It was clear that Namjoon knew about the detail that my parents forgot to tell me. He himself told me about it so it was clear as crystal to me.

"Namjoon... you know about my past." I said carefully and slowly

He sighed, keeping his head down. He must have known about my desire. He had his gaze on his feet while I bent my head to the side a little so I could look at him. It seemed like Namjoon's head was clouded with thoughts as well since his eyes reflected disgruntlement and his gaze was too far gone.

"I knew you were going to bring this up." Namjoon softly said, turning his head towards me to gaze at me ever-so daintily

I forced a tight smile on my face while I stood with anticipation.

"Joonie, why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked in a calm tone

Struggle was one word to describe the way I had encountered numerous obstacles. Through them, I struggled a lot. I lived through my parents' stories. They would show me pictures before but I found it odd since they were few. Considering that I forgot about everything, I did not question its oddness. I even had my parents bring me to numerous places around just to make me remember; but it did not work.

Finding out that what I had experienced was not quite authentic enough made me combust with so many emotions. I felt angry for having people— my parents even— lie to me. Namjoon was one of them, sure, but I knew that there was a reason why he did not tell me any sooner.

For that, I was willing to listen. Getting angry at Namjoon would not lead me to that mysterious tiny detail. I needed answers and I knew that Namjoon what they were.

"To be honest with you, I wasn't even supposed to tell you anything about that." Namjoon said

Chills went down my spine, feeling a little shocked about the words that rolled off his tongue. I clenched my fist, feeling a little irked because I knew who was surely responsible for this secret.

"Supposed? Let me guess, my parents? They told you to keep it from me?" I quipped with a shaking voice

My knuckles turned white due to how tight I clenched my fists. I heaved a shaky sigh with my tears rimming my eyes. All along, they were lying.

Namjoon did not utter any word. He kept his head down, avoiding my intimidating gaze.

"Let me take another guess... you're not going to tell me anything about this tiny detail, right?"