Chapter 1- The hooded boy

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." Zoning out during English wasn't unusual for me. It's not that I find pride and prejudice boring, but it's not what I would personally choose for some light reading. Not to mention Mr Williams' incredibly dull monotone voice that makes me want to curl up and take a nap.

Just two more hours, then I'll be home and free to go back to bed.

Looking to my left, I see Vincent deep in thought, staring down at the paperback book with so much concentration his head could've popped at any second. I sigh, resting my head in my hand and closing my eyes, hoping to rest my for the remaining 40 minutes of the lesson.

" You know, you could at least try to act interested." Came an amused voice from beside me, looking at him from the corner of my eye, I see vince smirking at me.
" But all I wanna do is sleep vince, I was up all night filming and editing videos." I moaned.
"That's your fault" replied vince in a sing-song tone, I rolled my eyes and went back to resting.

Another 15 minutes rolled by and I was still threatening to fall fast asleep in the middle of lesson, not that Mr Williams would have noticed, I might as well not have even been there and he would be none the wiser. Vincent was still staring at his book, with the occasional glance towards me only to laugh at my position.

A knock at the door made me look up from my desk. Usually I would be thankful for the distraction, but not when I'm trying to take a cheeky nap during a boring lesson. Opening the brown, wooden classroom door, Mr Williams looks up to be greeted by a tall boy in a dark black oversized hoodie and loose blue jeans. The boy hands sir a small white sheet and Mr Williams moves to let the boy in. The boy stands at around 6'1 and has light brown hairs poking out from underneath the hood of his jumper.
" Oh you must be our new student, come in and sit in that empty seat over there."

Oh no.

Mr Williams points to the only available seat in the room, which happened to be right next to mine. Looking around the room, I notice that everyone has stopped paying attention and have decided to instead chat to the people around them.

I squirmed in my seat and lowered my head, trying to avoid being noticed by this new member of the class. The boy nodded in understanding to sir and quickly walked to the back of the room, keeping his head down and going unnoticed. Once he reached the desk, he took the seat next to me, the chair making a squeaky noise as he pulled it out. I tried to avoid looking at him, even though he was centimetres away from me.

Im normally not this antisocial, but I'm just too tired to be happily greeting new people. Looking up at vince, I see he wasn't really paying attention and was still reading over his book. I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder, hearing him chuckle and put his book down.
" See this is why sleep is important." he says in a condescending voice.
" Ah yes, humour based on my pain!" I mumble and he laughs

I start to feel eyes burning into the side of my head and slowly turn myself to the side, lifting my head off of Vincent's shoulder. I twist around, trying to figure out who's looking at me, when I notice the boy next to me has his head facing his desk, hunched over with his hands touching in front of him, as if he was reading off the desk.

Deciding not to comment on his position, I pull my grey hood over my head and lean on my desk. Mr Williams has now fully given up on teaching and instead is talking to a small group of girls about his crippling fear of commitment.

This school really needs new teachers.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the guy with the hoodie shuffle around, his bright green-blue eyes staring at me through beneath the rim of his black hood. The guy noticed me looking and hurriedly turned away as if he just got caught doing something naughty.

The rest of the lesson consisted of this hooded boy slouching back on his desk chair lazily and not saying a word to anyone, and me leant across my desk with my head in my arms, occasionally turning to talk or make a joke with vince.

(A/N)
HI GUYS! So I decided it was time to try out a different style of writing and this idea just came to me! So I hope you liked it and if you did make sure you tell me In the comments, I will still be continuing with "The pranksters" book so if you also read that book then don't worry! I left a photo of Bambi's outfit above if you were wondering what she's wearing. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Bye ❤️