Chapter 2- Eyes

I pull my baggy denim jacket around me and embrace whatever warmth I can get, my brown suede boots clicking on the ground with my every step down the concrete street. I knew I should have parked closer. Making my way down the road, I reach the small diner where I was meeting vince and Julija for dinner. I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, the feeling of goosebumps running up and down my spine as I walk through the glass diner doors and away from the cold dusk weather. I sigh in relief as I can finally relax.

"Bam, over here!" Vince's deep goofy voice echoed across the diner, causing people to stop eating and send him death glares. "Sorry!" He retracted, and sank back into his seat, Julija face-palming and sinking into her seat. I chuckle and walk over to them, my hair bouncing with every step. Jumping into the seat across from them, I take off my khaki beanie and jacket and sink into the seat, the waitress coming over to bring me coffee and take our orders. "Well done vince" I sigh and shake my head. "Shut up" he mumbles and lowers his head, julija laughing along with us.

The next hour was filled of laughter, stares from unamused adults and people coming in and out trying to escape the cold weather of Minnesota. I hadn't been paying much attention to the people walking in and out of the diner as I kind of forgot about it over time. "- I swear it was the size of my fist, well maybe not my fist but close, it was huge!" I catch onto the end of julija's story about some spider she saw in Australia, nodding along softly.

The feeling is back.

The uneasy, uncomfortable feeling of being watched. I flick my eyes side to side, frozen, trying to figure out where it was coming from. Looking out the glass window to my right, I catch a glimpse of a dark figure lurking in the streetlights of the dark dusk atmosphere. But within seconds it was gone, like it was a figure of my imagination. I shook it off and tried to carry on enjoying myself, by it was hard to focus with the memory of that dark figure.
"B, you ok?" Vince leans over and looks out the window to where I was staring,
"Yeah it was nothing." I shrugged and tried to change the subject, not wanting to feel on it any longer.

I pull on my beanie and stand up, hugging my friends and saying goodbye before starting towards the door. With every step I could feel the thumping of my heart growing louder and louder till it was the only thing I could hear. I force my hand to pull on the metal handle of the clear glass door, stepping out and feeling the freezing air on my face. My car was parked in a car park a block away from the diner, about a 5 minuite walk.
You can do this Bambi!

I shuffle around in my pockets hurriedly, attempting to find my keys to be ready, and use as a potential weapon. Grasping the metal keys with my fist I position them inbetween my knuckles as my over-thinking has lead to be becoming extremely anxious and paranoid. I force my feet to move, although my mind was still paralysed by the fear that I was being watched, and step forward and start for my car. My pace sped up as I felt the tension In my body rise and my chest start to feel heavy, something is defiantly wrong.

I started moving faster and faster until I was practically sprinting down the dimly lit road, my head creating visions that I am unable to explain, however I'm only human and I am certainly not the most athletically gifted, I almost trip up but catch myself last minute, hunching over to lay my arms on my legs and catch my breath. I can see my white Jeep  isolated in the almost empty car park. I take one last deep breath before I slowly walk over to my car, relieved to be back to it.

As I walk up to my car, I see a group of guys standing in the corner, about 30 meters away, talking quietly and shuffling around. They were all about 6"0, slender and were wearing all black. Whilst being distracted by my sudden realisation, I drop my keys and cause a loud *clink* to be echoed around the empty lot, catching their attention immediately.

Shit.

(A/n) HEY GUYS! Sorry it's been so long but I've had massive writers block plus I currently have exams and I'm stressed af :( I should be able to update soon as I have some good ideas for this story. Much love❤️