Chapter Fifteen

***

"No one notices your pain, no one notices your sadness, no one notices your tears, but everyone notices your mistakes."

-Unknown 

***

My body goes stiff as the cold metal slides along my forehead and around my face, sending shivers throughout my body. There are two other men standing in front of me holding their guns straight into my chest with a stern expression.

"Who are you?"

I just glare at the man and keep my mouth shut. It seems that he didn't like the quietness, so he hit me in the back of the head with the end of his gun. Surprised from the sudden hit I tumble to the ground, but quickly stand up. I can't let myself look weak, it's one of the things I learned over the past year.

Taking the guards by surprise I kick the gun out of the man standing near me, and punch him in the stomach. I hold up the gun and point it at the three men while walking backwards.

"Stay away or I will shoot," I growl

The guy just smirks and walks closer. "Your bluffing, there's no way a-"

I shot him in the leg before he can finish that sentence. He fell to the ground and cried out in pain.

The last man start running towards me making me shot him twice. As soon as he hit the ground I feel someone grab my ankle and yank me to the ground. I am pinned down, but I block each punch he throws at me. Finally I get my leg loose and knee him his stomach making him roll over. A sense of rage fills my body as I look at him and I start attacking him. I punch him until I start drawing blood, but I still don't stop until I feel someone tug my body away.

I scream and kick but the strong arms keep me in place.

"Thea calm down!"

The familiar voice of Zeke fills my ears. Like I just woke up from a nightmare I gasp and look at him with a confused face. I can feel the cold metallic blood dripping from my fingertips and landing on the soft dirt ground.

What the hell just happened?

My eyes go wide as they land on the three men laying on the ground with brutal wounds and bloody bodies.

I did that.

With the help from Zeke I manage to get up, but I am still shocked as I take in the scene in front of me. It felt so right that I didn't even think about what I was doing. The rage just took complete control over me and used me like a puppet.

"I... I..."

I want to explain myself but I can't. Nothing can explain what had just happened.

***

Sitting on a cold chair in the ship I stare off while Zeke takes a look at my hand. He insisted that he looks even though I know that none of it is my blood.

"Shorty?"

I snap out of my daze and look at him. His playful silver eyes are now filled with worry and concern.

"Are you alright?"

I nod my head and jump out of the chair to head for my room.

"Shorty."

I turn around and look at him with raised eyebrows.

"Do you want to... um... you... know talk?" He asks looking really uncomfortable.

A small smile makes its way across my face. I don't think its everyday an international thief will be this nice.

"I am fine Zeke."

"Are you sure?"

I nod my head even though I am not completely sure if I am okay or not.

"Okay, but since we are partners in crime now I can't have you slacking around."

"Partners in crime?"

"Well we are both criminals who are trying to steal something so I think it fits us perfectly."

I chuckle. "Night Zeke."

"Good night Shorty."

***

Smoke is everywhere. The thick grey air is suffocating me and bring tears to my eyes. I cover my mouth and nose with my hand while I violently try to clear up the smoke with my other.

Why is there so much smoke?

Slowly everything start to clear up and a familiar face appears in front of me smiling. My heart starts beating violently as I stare at him with pure shock.

"Jake?"

He just smiles at me and walks away. I follow him but even though he is walking it feels like he is sprinting away from my reach.

"Jake!"

He doesn't stop, instead he leads me through the ship and before I know it am in a huge house.

How the hell did I get here?

Jake vanishes from my sight and now I am in house that looks similar to a mansion. I can hear faint yelling from the distance and I start walking there without even thinking. A women with long brown hair and light green eyes stood in front of me. She is a short women with a baby bump on her stomach. Her eyes are filled in anger and sadness that she seems heartbroken. The man she is arguing with her has his back towards me, but I can tell he is a very business-like man. He is wearing a black expensive suit and his head is held straight up with great power.

My eyes travel back to the women who looks a bit familiar but I can't tell where I had seen her. A necklace around her neck catches my eye and right then I know who she is. She is wearing the exact same necklace I am wearing which was handed down by my mother.

"Mom," I whisper.

Of course she can't hear me, but that didn't stop me from yelling her name over and over again.

"I am sorry Samantha," the man speaks with a cold voice.

"But how can you?" my mom whispers. "She's our daughter Mark."

My eyes shot up in surprise and I try to get a good look at the man but fail.

"It was a mistake, now please leave me alone."

"A mistake! You said you were ready to marry me!!"

"Things change Samantha, I cannot leave my wife."

"Because of what?" she asks bitterly. "Money?"

He didn't say anything back. My mom looks at him with more disgust than sadness now.

"You know what, I don't need you! I don't need a man who can't keep his word in my life nor in my family."

Everything starts to get blurry and the scene around me starts to disappear along with my mom. I start yelling and running to catch up with my mom, but I just got further and further away. Slowly, my eyes start to focus and I realize that I am starting at the ship's ceiling, laying on my bed. Surprised, I pull myself up and look around. Shaking my head I get out of the bed, and wash my face with water in the bathroom.

Mark.

He's my father?

***

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share :)