Chapter Twenty Six

***

"You are you. You are not anyone else, but you. Be proud of that and never be ashamed of that. Show them your scars, because in the end that's what makes you beautiful. If they can't handle your beauty, then that's their problem." 

- Anna Rose 

***

Thea 

I sit there staring at the blank pieces of paper in my hands in utter confusion. Walker and Asher are pacing back and forth trying to figure what to do next.

"I don't understand. She leads us to the old lab and to a safe that is closed shut just for this?" Asher says.

"Something isn't right," I mutter.

"Maybe we read the clue wrong?" Walker says.

"This is our fourth try, if it isn't this then I am out of all possible ideas." I reply. "Maybe she hid it too well."

"Does anyone else have access to this floor?" Asher asks Walker sternly.

"No, just me and a few of the construction crew."

"Construction crew?" I ask.

"I don't know if you guys noticed this but we are currently underground. The soil is too fragile and the tunnels they made can collapse at any point," he says sarcastically.

"Thanks for the warning," Asher says dryly earning a glare from Walker.

"That means other people could have opened this safe."

"Of course not," Walker says. " I have cameras everywhere and I do background checks on everyone working for me no matter who they are."

"Maybe this is just unsolvable," I say getting both the men's attention. "Think about it, isn't a good thing we can't find it. No one will get hurt if no one finds it."

"She is joking," Walker asks Asher. "Women I don't think you understand how much money this Technology can make."

"I am sorry, but I think we been doing this for different purposes then," I sneer. "It doesn't matter how much money you make if everyone is dead around you."

"Don't make me the bad guy here," Walker scoffs. "Martinez isn't a saint either."

I look at Asher and raise my eyebrow and he just shrugs. "I only cared for the money and getting back at the man who brought my life into flames."

I let out a breath and look down at the paper as I stare at it in confusion. These have to be the plans there is no way someone would lock away an empty piece of paper in a locked safe.

"We need to leave," Walker says.

"What?" Asher asks.

"Security has encountered a breach and noticed a van driving towards the building."

"Black," I whisper.

"How the hell did he get the news so fast?" Asher says even more annoyed.

"I don't know, but we need to get out."

The boys start to walk a head completely oblivious to my situation until Asher notices my absence and turns around.

"Thea aren't you coming-"

His eyes go wide and points his gun at the man standing beside me with his hand over my mouth with a gun pressed against my forehead.

"Let her go," Asher says in a deadly tone.