Ch. 7 What's an Imprint?

Jared, Paul, and Embry finished their patrols around the reservation. They decided to visit Sam at his place. They opened the door and entered the house speaking loudly to each other. Sam looks away from Cassandra's sleeping face and glares at his pack. He didn't want the guys to wake her with their loudness. He stands up walking towards the guys asking them to follow him outside. 

" What's wrong Sam?" Jared asked noticing Sam's strange behavior. 

Paul spotted Cassandra on the couch and whistle. 

" Who's the hot babe?" He asked.

Sam growled not liking that another wolf called his imprintee a hot babe. Jared put the pieces together and stands between Paul and Sam. Embry looks at everyone wearing a confused expression on his face.

" What's going on?" Embry asked. 

Jared looked at Embry.

" It seems like Sam found his imprintee" He smiled feeling happy that someone other than himself found their imprintee. 

Paul groaned in annoyance.

" Now it's Embry and me that are single" He sighed. " I don't care if you're my Alpha, but I don't want to see you thinking about your imprintee all the time" He tells him. " Jared is enough as it is" He pouts.

Sam rolled his eyes.

What the guys don't know is that Cassandra woke up when they started to talk about imprintee. She gets out of the couch and slowly walks towards the door to observe the guys. She noticed that they are all shirtless like Sam with a tribal tattoo of a wolf on their right shoulder. She wears a curious expression on her face.

" So, what's your imprintee's name?" Jared asked Sam with a smile.

Sam smiled.

" Her name is Cassandra Lopez. She's so beautiful" He blushed. " I imprinted on her when I first laid my eyes on her the night I saved the Chief's daughter. When I saw her for the first time, I thought I was seeing an angel running towards me" He looked like a love-struck puppy when he talks about Cassandra. 

Cassandra blushed when Sam called her beautiful. She didn't know why but it made her happy that he thinks of her as beautiful. She can't help but wonder what an imprintee is because Sam keeps telling them that she's his imprintee. She stepped forward making a sound that caused the guys to spot her by the door. She froze feeling her heart stop beating when she sees the guys stare at her.

" C-Cassandra" Sam stuttered. " D-Did you just hear everything that I said?" He asked not sounding mad at her. 

Cassandra blushed wearing an embarrassed expression on her face. She nods her head and stares at Sam.

" What's an imprint?" She asked. 

Jared smiled at Sam nodding his head at him. He pushed Paul and Embry into the house knowing Sam needs his privacy with his imprintee. He explained the situation to the other two which they understood. The three guys silently cheered for Sam knowing he's scared to tell Cassandra the truth about himself. Cassandra walks towards Sam and stands by his side wearing a curious expression on her face. 

" Well, imprinting is something that is hard to explain. It's not like love at first sight. It's more like gravity moves suddenly. It's not the earth holding you here anymore, she does. You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector or a lover, or a friend" Sam explained what imprinting is to Cassandra.

Cassandra blushed.

" Y-You imprinted on me?" She asked looking at him with hopeful eyes.

Sam blushed nodding his head at her.  

Cassandra smiled feeling happy that she found her other half. 

" I'm happy to know that you feel that way for me" Cassandra honestly tells him

" I'm happy to know that you feel that way for me" Cassandra honestly tells him. " I just know you'll take good care of me" She gives Sam a big hug. 

Sam's heart beat rapidly feeling happy that Cassandra is okay with him imprinting on her. Now he's worried how she'll react to him being a shape-shifter. He hugs Cassandra close to him not wanting to let go of her. He closed his eyes kissing her head lightly cherishing this moment for the rest of his life.