Chapter Thirteen

As the sun graced the morning sky, Maddie remained in bed until half ten; she got up and made her careful way downstairs and into the kitchen where she found most of the family. Esme greeted her with a fond smile as she made her some food - a slice of toast with red jam and a glass of orange juice; she ate her food whilst taking note of all the hundreds of bags that were around the house. "Em...what happened?" Maddie asked with a raised brow; Carlisle chuckled as he looked away from the newspaper that was in his hands "Alice and Rosalie happened" he smiled "they ordered you a whole new wardrobe and all of the clothes arrived this morning". Upon hearing this, the human's eyes widened in shock "they bought me new clothes?!" she asked in disbelief; the two crazed shoppers, as if on cue, entered the kitchen with even more bags - Maddie turned towards them "you two bought me new clothes?!" she repeated. Grins wide, the pair simply nodded "yup" Alice chirped, followed by Rosalie "and now they're all in your wardrobe, we were just waiting for you to leave your room". The fifteen-year-old was wondering how before she remembered a certain thing called vampire speed; she just couldn't believe they had bought her clothes, especially considering how many!! "You didn't have to do that" she stated before she took a bite of her toast; both women seemed horrified by her words "of course we did!!" Rosalie exclaimed "no female member of this family is allowed to dress in horrid clothes!!". That certainly earned a laugh from everyone present. Deciding to change the subject, Maddie asked where all the missing vampires were; Renesmee chose to take it upon herself to explain "mum and dad have gone to visit my grandpa" she smiled "and Esme sent Emmitt and Jasper to the store with a shopping list". Soon enough, Maddie had finished her mixture of lunch and breakfast and was full up "can I have a shower?" the fifteen year old asked, startling the present family members as they never expected to be asked such a thing; Esme nodded "oh...of course you can, hun" she smiled, followed by Carlisle who reassured the teenager that she didn't have to ask "you live here now". Shrugging, Maddie merely got down from her chair at the countertop; Rosalie spoke up "Alice and I picked out an outfit each for you, chose between them" she instructed.

Smiling, Maddie made her way back to her room where she entered her bathroom; she stripped down and threw her clothes into the laundry basket that was in the corner - she stepped into the shower and washed herself with the new shampoo, conditioner, and soaps. Ten minutes later and she was as clean as ever - her wounds were sore from the soups and water, but the teenager could manage a bit of pain; she stepped out and wrapped the soft blue towel around her slim body, as well as did the same with her hair with a matching towel. Walking through the door to her bedroom, Maddie approached her bed where she found the two different outfits that Alice and Rosalie had picked out for her; both looked great, but she couldn't decide. Going against what she had been told to do, the healing girl combined both outfits together, putting the top with the shorts and jacket and wore the brown boots that she fell in love with as soon as her eyes had landed on them. Once she was dressed in the new clothes, Maddie brushed her damp hair and tied it up into a messy bun; she looked in the full-length mirror which was attached to the wall and smiled - minus the nasty wounds, gashes, and bruises, she looked alright. Leaving her room, Maddie made her way back downstairs and into the living room where she could hear a multiple of voices - she knew some of the missing vampires were back as two of those voices were Emmitt's and Jasper's. All the Cullen's and Hale's, other than Edward and Bella, were sat in the room; Maddie silently walked to the doorway where she smirked, watching the family argue over what Wii game they should play. It was amusing. Jasper appeared to be the first to notice the teenager as he caught sight of her leaning against the frame of the door, her arms folded across her chest; his eyes were wide momentarily before the others realised he had stopped talking; they all turned to where he was staring and shared a familiar reaction. "Whoa Maddie!!" Renesmee grinned "you look incredible!!" her family agreed, complimenting the girl whose cheeks began to burn; Emmitt being....well....Emmitt, teased her "aww, our little human is as red as a tomato" he smirked. Alice and Rosalie took immediate note of her clothes of course and were both impressed and flattered that she had combined both of their outfit choices. Smiling shyly, Maddie thanked them for their kind words, as well as the two young woman for the clothes "I love them".

Walking over, Maddie looked through all the chosen games that thefamily were fighting over "hmm...this one looks good" she smiled asshe picked up the game that Rosalie and Renesmee had chosen "can we playit?" she asked. None of them found it in them to deny her of anything sothey all nodded; this was when Edward and Bella finally returned and enteredthe room - they both said hello to the group, as well as complimented the younghuman on her new clothes. They all relaxed for most of the day, playing amultiple of games on both the Wii and play station; Carlisle had to do somework in his office but that only took four hours. Maddie and Esme did somebaking whilst Jasper, Alice, Emmitt, and Rosalie watched by the counter, givingtheir opinions, and making conversations about whatever came to mind; Edwardand Bella took their daughter to visit Charlie for a few hours. But finally,the time arrived!! Eight O clock rolled around, and Jacob and Seth arrived topick up their two friends on their motorbikes - Maddie couldn't wait!! Grabbingher new army green bag and throwing it over her shoulder, Maddie joined thehalf vampire as they said goodbye to the rest of the Cullen and Hale clan."Remember to be careful and that your curfew it twelve O clock"Edward reminded, mostly to his own daughter as Esme had already told her fosterdaughter all of this; Carlisle handed Maddie's medication over to the teenager"give these to Jacob" he instructed before handing both girls somemoney "and here is a hundred dollars each". Wide eyes, the twofriends thanked the doctor with wide smiles - Maddie had never seen so muchmoney before which was...sad to say she was fifteen. Hopping onto themotorbikes, Maddie joined Seth whilst her school friend sat behind Jacob on thebike; the family waves them off as they sped away from the house. Entering thetown, the boys drove through the many streets until they reached a large fieldthat was lit up by many different coloured lights from all the rides andstalls; they parked the bikes up under a large tree just outside of the fieldbefore walking the rest of the way. Now it was finally for some fun!