Chapter Ten

Tyler's p.o.v »»

It was almost nine o'clock when I got to the party, being able to see the lights and hear the music from the start of the street. I parked beside Jake's house, one of the limited options I had left. I got out and headed towards the back gate, being greeted by many when I walked in. I found Jake first, a girl I didn't recognize on his lap and a red solo cup in his hand. I walked over to him, smirking at his current predicament.

"Having fun there?" I asked over the sound of the music, glancing at the girl.

"Hells yeah, man. And you will too!" I rolled my eyes, but was startled by a set of arms wrapping around my waist. I managed to turn around, Emma's wet body seeping through my shirt.

"You actually wore swim trunks!" She said, and I could tell by her movements that she had already had too much to drink.

"We are gonna swim," she slurred, and I looked at Jake, who laughed and shook his head.

"You better get painted, it's not a neon party without the neon!" She announced, and I noticed the bright yellow, pink and blue painted designs on her arms and legs.

"Uh, sure." I said, letting her paint my face with yellow Aztec designs while I painted my arms with green.

"Now, let's party." Emma's definition of party was completely different from mine. Her "party" consisted of doing body shots, attempting to get me as wasted as possible and dancing with me as close as possible.

I laughed at the cheering that encouraged me to do a shot off Emma's stomach, finally loosening up. That was until I saw a bright yellow blazer that I followed up to cherry red hair. Mostly in a daze, I walked out of the kitchen, blinking my eyes clear as I walked towards her, but not before bumping into the guy closest to her, his drink spilling over her shirt, making it look like an entry in a wet tshirt contest.

"My bad," I mumbled, looking down at her with my jaw clenched, disregarding the guy I had nearly knocked over. Madison cleared her throat awkwardly, "That's alright, no harm done." She mumbled back, looking over to the guy beside her.

I looked at him, my eyebrows drawing together and my anger only rising, "Who the hell are you?"
Madison stopped the guy from speaking and instead spoke for him. "This is Luke," She said, gripping his forearm. "We were just leaving."
I put my hand on her arm, keeping her from moving.

"You're going to leave a party with a stranger, Maddie?" I asked, knowing that she wasn't the type to just meet a guy and leave with said guy. Some random guy I didn't approve of.

Her face seemed pained by my choice of words. "This stranger has a name, and he's the only person who's made me feel somewhat normal." She gritted out.

"Oh, excuse me, my apologies," I paused. "What was it? Logan? Leo? I already forgot." The guy in between us shifted uncomfortably, looking back and forth at our heated argument.

"Well, it looks like I'm not welcomed here, so, Madison you got my number, call me sometime." He said, getting lost within the crowd.

I looked at her, my eyebrows raised. The loud music and people in close proximity seemed to fade away around us. "So, you're getting numbers now?"

Madison's eyebrows raised as well, "So, you're doing body shots now?" She shot back, mimicking me. I laughed coldly and rolled my eyes, the feeling of alcohol hardly registering in me at this point.

"That was a dare, it means nothing."

Madison looked away from my intense glare, "Yeah, nothing means anything to you." She said, throwing her head back as she brought the plastic cup to her red lips. Her words hit me like a truck. She had a point, but I would never admit that to her. I put my hand over my heart semi-dramatically.